Problem with graphic

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

Problem with graphic

Postby andrew9 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:15 pm

As mentioned in my other post - the game itseft is great, but I'm having some troubles with graphic. Actually - it's not too good.

I was suprised with people saying that game looks awesome on their tablets because for me it definatelly doesn't (it's quite blurry, sometimes even hard to read signs on the tables). But I've checked some screens on internet and.. they really look great.

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=465

Here it really looks great - it's very sharp and nice. However as I understand - this is iPhone version.

But here, in kickstarter page, there are screens that are supposed to be from iPad:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/50 ... -edition-0
Screen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000 ... 1373555119

It looks really good.


In attachment screenshot taken from my iPad (Mini) - as you can see it's definatelly not that sharp, and parts of the screen - with letter and sings - are even impossible to read. Is this the way it is supposed to look on tablet?
Attachments
2.jpg
1.jpg
andrew9
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 pm

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby adpag » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:47 pm

The game does look a lot softer on non-retina displays, such as the original iPad Mini. The text on lights is hard to read on retina displays as well, which is something we want to improve.
adpag
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby Octopus66 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:13 pm

I have noticed a graphics glitch which is bothering me. I am running iPad Air.

The Ball Save green light has a glitch in top right corner when the 'Hold X' red light above it is lit. Very annoying :)
Octopus66
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:21 pm

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby adpag » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Octopus66 wrote:I have noticed a graphics glitch which is bothering me. I am running iPad Air.

The Ball Save green light has a glitch in top right corner when the 'Hold X' red light above it is lit. Very annoying :)


Well spotted. :) I thought that had gone, but it seems not. It may well disappear...
adpag
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby mystman12 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:53 pm

After downloading the update, all the issues I had previously have been fixed, except now there's a new problem. I am getting the same fuzzy graphics described here on my iPod Touch 5th Gen, where as before (When I managed to get the game to load) the graphics were really nice and sharp. I'm not having any trouble reading any of the lights or anything, though, just a low quality image. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the update. Hope you guys can fix this soon!
mystman12
Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby adpag » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:50 pm

mystman12 wrote:After downloading the update, all the issues I had previously have been fixed, except now there's a new problem. I am getting the same fuzzy graphics described here on my iPod Touch 5th Gen, where as before (When I managed to get the game to load) the graphics were really nice and sharp. I'm not having any trouble reading any of the lights or anything, though, just a low quality image. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the update. Hope you guys can fix this soon!


The reason it was crashing on the iPod 5 was because it was using the high resolution graphics data and was running out of memory, so it now uses the low resolution data.

It's possible we can improve the quality in a future update by increasing the low res data resolution.
adpag
Staff
Staff
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby mystman12 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:42 pm

adpag wrote:
mystman12 wrote:After downloading the update, all the issues I had previously have been fixed, except now there's a new problem. I am getting the same fuzzy graphics described here on my iPod Touch 5th Gen, where as before (When I managed to get the game to load) the graphics were really nice and sharp. I'm not having any trouble reading any of the lights or anything, though, just a low quality image. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the update. Hope you guys can fix this soon!


The reason it was crashing on the iPod 5 was because it was using the high resolution graphics data and was running out of memory, so it now uses the low resolution data.

It's possible we can improve the quality in a future update by increasing the low res data resolution.


Okay, I hope you guys can fix it. I know the 5th Gen is capable of running it, it just required the lengthy process of closing any open apps, restarting the iPod, and then attempting to load the game two or three times. It was definitely worth going through all that to play the game though, it's that good! :lol:
mystman12
Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Re: Problem with graphic

Postby andrew9 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:46 am

adpag wrote:The game does look a lot softer on non-retina displays, such as the original iPad Mini. The text on lights is hard to read on retina displays as well, which is something we want to improve.


Thank you for answer.

While I still like the game I have to admin the graphic on iPad (Mini 1st gen.) is really poor. The device definatelly seems to be able to handle much sharper and detailed graphic (comparing with other pinball games) and this unfortunatelly seems like low resolution version strech to bigger screen. Hopefully it could be change in future.
andrew9
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 pm


Return to iOS