Running TS in Wine

Mac OS X specific discussion

Running TS in Wine

Postby Josephiah » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Has anyone had any success running Timeshock! (the Kickstarter reward version) in Wine at all? I have it running happily* in my free trial of CrossOver on OSX 10.8.5, but would love to get it working in a Wine setup that I don't have to pay for...

I can get it to install okay in Wineskin, but the game has display issues when run - if anyone has any idea of good settings for Wineskin to make it play nicely with TS! that'd be much appreciated!

*(the sim itself runs beautifully; the menus however appear to be running at super speed, which makes selecting the options a little tricky. Also, the game hangs on the keyboard settings screen, which is very frustrating - backspace for magnosave is just too far away to reach at the crucial moment!)

Cheers,
Jo
Josephiah

Re: Running TS in Wine

Postby mat_swat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am

I was able to run the game, but I also have a problem with the keyboard configuration. Try right-click on the application and select "Show Package Contents". Run "Wineskin" and in the opened window choose "Set Screen Options". In "Screen Optoons" window set following options: Override, Fullscreen, choose your Resolution (I set 1024x764 - because my mac has 1280x800) and click "Done". Now click option named "Advanced", switch to "Tools" tab and check (look in the bottom) which engine you using for this game - I choosed WS8WineCXG10.3.0. If you have selected a different engine, click the "Change Engine Used" in "Wrapper Tools" section and select it from a list. If your list has not got this engine, run Wineskin Winery and install it (or check in manual or in official website how to install more engines). Last infos: I'm using Wineskin Wrapper in version 2.5.12, my hardware: macbook 4.1 with Intel GMA X3100 :).
mat_swat

Return to OS X