Will The Web be made into a Ultra version

Where it all started back in 1995

Will The Web be made into a Ultra version

Postby spannernick » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:14 pm

I hope so,I still think it was one of the best tables you made,and still play it now...?

Love what you have done with Timeshock,but still think The Web is better,all the detal you could add to it now,it would look amazing.

These tables are way better that Pinball Arcade and always will be.Thanks for coming back.

Will you be updating Timeshock with the rest of the tables or will they be apps on there own,I think they should be one app..?
spannernick

Re: Will The Web be made into a Ultra version

Postby spannernick » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:20 am

I remember back in the day,I got a PlayStation for one game and that was The Web,my son had a demo of it from one of the PlayStation Mags,don't know i might still have it,anyway it blew me away with graphics,amazing I said,and got a PlayStation and the game and the rest is history..:D,Best of British..:D
spannernick

Postby insx » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:23 am

I only ever played Timeshock! for any length of time, played BRUSA a bit, FJ briefly and The Web even more briefly. Each to his own, I suppose.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Lio » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:27 am

I'd love to eventually see an ultra version of the web with proper light insert decal lettering and overall visual tweaks. I believe Ade once said that the web would be the last to receive the ultra treatment because it would require the most work of all tables - if they ever get round to doing all of the tables.
Seeing how long timeshock is already taking I fear it might be years and years...

I know pre-rendered will look better than real time 3D while still having lower hardware requirements but it also has so many drawbacks with the fixed views and resolutions and the time it takes to render them and the insane filesize that comes with each view. I really would like to play timeshock at 2160x3840 in portrait mode with the high view without the backbox but the highest resolution available for that view is 1900 pixels (not even 1920 which I find odd) which still looks great but it is already running behind again.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby spannernick » Tue May 15, 2018 3:49 pm

The Web is the only game on PSOne that plays itself,plays a demo of the table..:)

I think the music better on it and usually the first one is always the best.

I found Timeshock,Bug Race and Fan table are very cluttered and its hard to always get the balls up the ramps.
spannernick

Return to The Web