Such a shame....

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Such a shame....

Postby db10-1Propin » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 pm

That it ended like this. No posts here anymore. I was so looking forward to this being a success.

Oh well :roll:
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Re: Such a shame....

Postby insx » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:54 am

Indeed. It all turned a bit sour and the sad thing is I don't even want to play the game any more. I dismantled my virtual pinball cabinet that I spent hundreds of pounds making mostly for Timeshock.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby db10-1Propin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Yes chap, that is a feeling I know well (although not as deep as yours no doubt as I never did the cabinet thing). But for sure, I never for once imagined I would have such bad feeling toward Ade and PP after all the hours / years spent playing it back in the Empire days.....

Like you insx I don't really think about it anymore or even have any desire to play it. In fact I don't even have the new version installed anywhere... lost my codes and don't care to ask for new ones. I do have the original TS .exe package that was being given away for free as part of the Kickstarter promotion. Maybe that will get reinstalled some day assuming it still runs on Windows. Other than that, I'm out. Never can trust Ade again even if he tries to resurrect it again. Not unless he makes good on this shambles anyway.
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Postby Phlum » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Timeshock remains a really frekain' good game, and I'll still play it. And I'll still play the other Pro Pinball games. Even so, I find it more difficult to recommend any of them now.

What a disaster.
Phlum
VIP
VIP

Postby JWJr » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Last time here for me. I'm deleting TS from my cabinet and tossing all PP files and disks; I would hate to have anyone think I was recommending them.

Goodbye, all. Such a shame such a fabulous software line had to end in such complete disgrace.

{poof}
JWJr
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby FreeJamSociety » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:30 pm

I totally agree with all the sentiments expressed in this thread. The Pro Pinball Trilogy is the greatest virtual pinball creation of all time, and its creators could have absolutely clinched their legacy by simply carrying all three boards to the "Ultra" finsih line. I still play the Timeshock Ultra game in Steam, and it is quintessentially perfect . . . so much more realistic pinball than any other products. I would think that the game's creators would have more respect for THEIR OWN legacy than to simply let this whole thing die. Here's hoping they will think better of it.
FreeJamSociety

Postby emusik » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi there,

could somebody tell what happened exacty why I have to read some sad Posts here :(
emusik

Postby xykum » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:26 pm

hello

They are not dead for everyone it seems. They managed to develop new features on "timeshock arcade edition" with Arcooda (pinball arcade). But impossible to have the software alone, it will pay $ 5000 to test !
xykum

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 pm

Long story short, the devs spent all their money, went broke and abandoned the project from what I can tell...the real pinch-point though is that they did not deliver the Kickstarter rewards that were promised to the backers (myself being one of them)

Whether they went broke from underestimating the cost of development, or they squandered it on beer and pizza is anyone's guess.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby settingsons » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Weren't they working on an updated version exclusively for the Arcooda cabinets? It will be interesting to see if they deliver that.

https://www.arcooda.com/our-software/timeshock-arcade-edition/

As they haven't delivered any Kickstarter rewards it would be nice if they do make enhancements for Arcooda if they can eventually put this out to us supportors by way of an apology.

I am in contact with a friend in the UK who also was a Kickstarter supporter who didn't get the rewards. Last time I spoke to him he mentioned that he is planning to show up at the Barnstorm offices (he knew where they are) to have a word with them. Hopefully he will do that (if they are still around). He also told me he saw Ade Page playing at a Pinball Tournament in the past (I think it was some time ago though possibly when development was still active)

All we want is an explanation, but not hearing anything just makes people more and more annoyed.
My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
My MAME Bartop : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18869
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Next

Return to Pro Pinball