[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Let's help get Pro Pinball Greenlit on Steam!

Let's help get Pro Pinball Greenlit on Steam!

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Let's help get Pro Pinball Greenlit on Steam!

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:16 pm

With the Kickstarter succeeded, now comes the second part: Getting the games on Steam. Please help getting the word out!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93991209

I look forward to seeing you on the leaderboards relatively soon :D
Pinballwiz45b

Re: Let's help get Pro Pinball Greenlit on Steam!

Postby Ade » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks, that's great. We could certainly do with a few more votes! When we have more of the game to show to the public, we intend to give it a big push ourselves.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby cottonm4 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:34 pm

[quote="Pinballwiz45b"]With the Kickstarter succeeded, now comes the second part: Getting the games on Steam. Please help getting the word out!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93991209

OK. At risk of sounding like a complete idiot, somebody educate me about Steam. I guess this is the prime place to buy games in the 21st Century?

I don't see me going to Steam except to help boost Pro Pinball.

Before I can vote I must setup an account; This makes sense. But they want my email address. Are these Steam guys going to protect my email address or are they going to sell it to the spammers?

Thanks.
cottonm4
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Huggybaby » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:13 pm

I've received no Steam related 3rd party spam email in the several years I've been using it. The only emails I've gotten have been from Steam directly.
Huggybaby

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Pinballwiz45b

Postby nudiustertian » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:12 am

Steam Greenlight was actually were I first heard Timeshock! was getting a remake. If it wasn't for Steam I wouldn't even have known about the kickstarter!

Having said that, I'll repeat what I said on Steam: although I'd love to see a Steam version, I still prefer completely DRM-free solutions to Steam where possible. Steam is the best possible way of doing DRM, but it's still DRM. If TSUltra was on gog.com (just like classic TS) I'd buy it there instead of Steam.

OK, no, realistically, I'd buy it on gog.com and a few times on Steam so I could give away the latter copies to friends, but the point stands. :-)
nudiustertian

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 pm

I really hope you guys are pushing for Greenlight status. 100 games were Greenlit today, and of that 100, Rollers of the Realm (Pinball RPG) got in. No other pinball games.
Pinballwiz45b

Postby Ade » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Thanks. We do intend to give Steam a big push, but we are saving our resources to do so when we have something playable to share. Encouraging to hear about Rollers of the Realm.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby bassolasso » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:29 am

http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/15/steam-has-75-million-registered-users-third-party-steam-controllers-and-other-tidbits-from-valves-dev-days/

Valve is going to shut down Greenlight so I guess it is safe to say that one day we will have a Steam version of Pro Pinball :)
bassolasso

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:01 am

Here's hoping :)
Pinballwiz45b

Next

Return to Pro Pinball