Separate DMD settings for video mode?

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Separate DMD settings for video mode?

Postby FIL » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:27 am

It's great being able to configure the DMD, and I've scaled it down so that it doesn't obscure so much of the table. I don't need to look at it much, and when I do I can still see what I need to see, and the rest of the time I really enjoy seeing the (almost) entire playfield without having to use one of the higher-up views (as then the table details are smaller). So it's perfect... except for video mode.

In video mode I really wish I could have the DMD at normal size (or even slightly bigger), as I find it a bit harder to play at the smaller size.

Would it be possible to (optionally) configure the DMD for video mode independently of the settings for the rest of the game? It's really the only part of the game where you need to pay a lot of attention to the DMD, so it's an option which makes good sense to me.
FIL
VIP
VIP

Re: Separate DMD settings for video mode?

Postby the_blunderbuss » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:37 pm

This sounds like a very sensible request and, unless there's some strange hijinks going on regarding how the DMD is displayed (not entirely unthinkable on a series where a seemingly 3D environment is displayed as extremly high resolution 2D animations), should be within the realms of the possible.

It'd be great to have some feeback as to how expensive & likely would this be to implement from someone on the development team.
the_blunderbuss

Return to Pro Pinball