[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Colour Dot Matrix

Colour Dot Matrix

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Colour Dot Matrix

Postby Jim Reaper » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:28 pm

I know that Fantastic Journey had an optional colour dot matrix display, I just wanted to inquire whether this luxury will be extended to the Ultra Edition tables or not? Might be nice to collect awards (whatever the hell they actually were) in colour.
Jim Reaper
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Location: Not here...no, definitely not. Stop looking damnit!

Re: Colour Dot Matrix

Postby ealadubhsidhe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Could future new Pro Pinball tables (that being the ultimate goal) be planned to go one better than this? The pinball DMD display is pretty much on its last legs by now; all the newer companies have started with LCD screens of varying sizes instead, and it's only left to Stern to keep the DMD flag flying, presumably for reasons of cost (it was expected to have been superceded something like two or three games ago). Will the PP engine support some kind of LCD-style HUD that can pop up on occasion, possibly in different positions around the field relative to key game features you've just done, for displaying animations?
ealadubhsidhe
VIP
VIP

Postby Carny_Priest » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:30 pm

A static color display is good for those of us with Pinball 2000 style cabinets or who are using a third LCD screen for DMD output.
Carny_Priest
VIP
VIP

Postby Ade » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:59 am

There aren't currently any plans to colorize the DMD, it would be a considerable amount of work and I think the time is probably best spent elsewhere. Sorry. As for future tables, I think we'll just have to wait and see for the time being. :)
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby Carny_Priest » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:14 am

Carny_Priest
VIP
VIP

Postby adpag » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:09 am

adpag
Staff