[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Price point?

Price point?

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Price point?

Postby nudiustertian » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:23 am

I realize it's probably much too early to ask, but hey, never hurts to try.

What's the price range you're thinking of for selling the new PP games? Please note that I understand you cannot give an exact quote and we can't derive any rights from this (might be 10x more expensive when you do sell it, who knows), but ballpark figure.
nudiustertian

Re: Price point?

Postby Ade » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm afraid it hasn't been decided yet. But it's likely we'll offer two versions at different price points:

1. User version (no operator's menu or glass off mode)
2. Operator's version (access to everything)

What I can say is that the operator's version, initially at least, will cost at least as much, if not more than our Kickstarter backers pledged for the game.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby bassolasso » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:15 pm

bassolasso

Postby Josephiah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Just as long as there are NO in-app purchases, I'm happy!
Last edited by Josephiah on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josephiah

Postby Lio » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:14 am

i would also vote for 'one version' - don't unnecessarily split things, go for a price point in-between. the old pro pinball games always said something in the manual about trying to be the equivalent of owning a real pinball, full manual, operator's menu and all... keep it that way, i'd say - it's PRO pinball after all :-)
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby settingsons » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

Although ideally I would love a single version I think that in this day and age with the such ridiculously low prices people are willing to pay for software particularly on mobiles, etc. maybe there isn't any other way to make things financially viable. By having a pro-add-on allows the price of the basic game to be kept low enough to hopefully attract the pay-little-for-a-lot-merchants, whereas some extra cash can be raised from real die-hards prepared to pay for the add-on options.

I really hope that TS does well enough to allow more tables to follow. I personally would pay £30/35€/45$ for any subsequent tables just like I paid back in the mid-90s, but I guess a lot of people won't so in app add-ons might be a necessary evil.
My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
My MAME Bartop : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18869
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Fildron » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:47 am

Fildron
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to Pro Pinball