Page 7 of 7

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:35 pm
by moewe
I think, you don't need dmdext if you are using a pinDMD v2.
You have to use the PinDMD2Slave_XP_compatible.zip.
See Page 2 in this thread for the download link.
Extract this File, copy the PinDMD2Slave.exe (32 or 64 bit) in your Pro Pinball Directory and start ProPinball.exe with the option "m3 dPinDMD2Slave"

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm
by gamefixer
moewe wrote:I think, you don't need dmdext if you are using a pinDMD v2.
You have to use the PinDMD2Slave_XP_compatible.zip.
See Page 2 in this thread for the download link.
Extract this File, copy the PinDMD2Slave.exe (32 or 64 bit) in your Pro Pinball Directory and start ProPinball.exe with the option "m3 dPinDMD2Slave"


I had read that dmdext wasnt needed but in post 34 it was mentioned that it should be in my PATH Variables. I'll remove it and see if that does the trick.

I already have pinDMD2Salve.exe in my Pro Pinball directory and have the option "m3 dPinDMD2Slave" entered.

Do I still need the XP compatible.zip if I'm running Win7Pro64?

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:36 pm
by gamefixer
Guys, I'm an idiot. :|

I had "dProPinballSlave" and not "dPinDMD2Slave" in my arguments.

Changed it and I now have a working DMD! I was finally able to play the game too, got just under 600 million. :) That game is as good as any commercial pin ever created.

Thumbs up to the creator of the game and thanks to everyone in here for helping me.

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:06 pm
by insx
gamefixer wrote:That game is as good as any commercial pin ever create.


Better, IMO.

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:14 pm
by gamefixer
insx wrote:
gamefixer wrote:That game is as good as any commercial pin ever create.


Better, IMO.


Its close, there are A LOT of RL pins that are just fantastic.

Did I read correctly that theres a RL iteration of Time Shock in the works?

So the only problem I have left, two really, is...

1. After I choose Timeshock in PinballX it sounds like pinballX is still running behind it. By that I mean that when I press the flipper button I hear Timeshock make the flipper sound then hear PinballX make the sound.

2. When I exit Timeshock the DMD doesnt get cleared so its stuck on whatever frame it was displaying until I select another game. I imagine theres some "DMD clear" .bet file I can execute but just have not looked for it yet.

Just made a playfield video using Fraps, found a wheel image and used one of the alternate backbox images for PinballX.

Cool stuff here!!!

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:24 am
by insx
gamefixer wrote:Its close, there are A LOT of RL pins that are just fantastic.

Did I read correctly that theres a RL iteration of Time Shock in the works?


I've owned quite a few pins and played quite a few more. I've just never found anything close to Timeshock! for depth and "story". Yes, Silver Castle Pinball are working with Dennis Nordman to develop the real machine. I doubt that I could ever afford one though :(

Re: Extending Hardware Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 pm
by takut
gamefixer wrote:I had "dProPinballSlave" and not "dPinDMD2Slave" in my arguments.


You save my life, thats it :D

thanks a lot