iCade support? Initial release appears to lack it.

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

iCade support? Initial release appears to lack it.

Postby Alex » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 am

Just got the iOS release (woo!) and busted out the lonely iCade with sweet super-light action flipper buttons added on, and found that iCade isn't working in the game yet.

Can we get this in a near-future release? I need to get my stance on, but a naked iPad leaves me nothing to lean against. And buttons would make a seriously tough game just a touch more forgiving.

Pinball Arcade uses the lower leftmost and rightmost buttons for flippers (so that's what my cabinet-side buttons are ganged to) and the stick for nudge, which is better than you'd think. The rest of the buttons, I'm not sure, but top right for Magnosave would be alright.

Please? Pretty please?
Alex

Re: iCade support? Initial release appears to lack it.

Postby Loafmeister » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:27 pm

I would also add a request for the 8bitty to be supported. Both the pinball arcade and zaccaria pinball I believe have 8bitty support, I think zen pinball has at least icade support. For the uninitiated, the 8bitty uses the same base as the icade though the button setup is a bit different. I think I read according to the Devs of the icade, it's a 20-30 min task to add support for these devices. Just sayin'. ;)
Loafmeister

Postby Ade » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:17 am

Coming soon...
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby Alex » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks Ade! Thanks also for the Safe Cracker in my basement and my children's consequent pinball literacy. It's all your fault, you know.
Alex

Postby ErikM » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Any chance this would include Bluetooth keyboard support also? I'm absolutely terrible with touch screen controls.
ErikM
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to iOS