[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - How many have played Fantastic Journey?

How many have played Fantastic Journey?

A Victorian steam powered adventure

Re: How many have played Fantastic Journey?

Postby Ade » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:15 am

It's fair to say that FJ is a simpler in some respects than it's predecessors, but that was by design. We'd done tables with 3 and 4 flippers before and though it was time to try a simpler 2 flipper design. More complex doesn't necessarily mean better of course and we thought a 2 flipper game would be a bit more approachable than what had came before.

As for whether or not these games could be made in real life - I can say that they were certainly all designed so that they could be made for real in theory. But that's not to say that some of the mechanisms would be extremely expensive to make and a nightmare to maintain for real. :)
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby pinwolf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Today my new monitor arrived and now I can play T! and BRUSA in 1600x1200. :P
FJ let's me only still choose max 1280x1024 resolution in the graphics setting. 1600x1200 is greyed out. :cry:
Tried a new install, but no success.
Has someone a solution for this?

(Windows XP)
Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Fildron » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:19 pm

I don't remember where the post was but someone mentioned that PP enumerates available resolutions at installation time only.
Fildron
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm

I've had that game for the PS1 for soooo many years now. And I've combined the 3 Wizard Modes from that game, along with having a high score on Normal Difficulty. Unfortunately for the video, the game itself wasn't finished because it took too freaking long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyWPl_wkEc
Pinballwiz45b

Postby Kingpinner » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Ade definetly hit it on the button

FJ is a simpler design which definetly make it easier for new players to pick it up fairly quickly without being too overwhelmed with too many flippers an complex gameplay. Maybe that was the reason why I started with FJ, which to me is still one of the best propinball games, the music, flow and originality of the game is what kept me coming back.

Over time I came to appreciate T! A lot more once I became more experienced with gameplay.
Pro pinball series is what really kept my interest in pinball. It is not very easy to access pinball machines nowadays, and if it wasn't for PP my interest may have drifted away.

Thanks again for making such fantastic simulators
"An opportunity awaits you in the form...of an extra ball"
Kingpinner
VIP
VIP

Postby pinwolf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:55 pm

Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Previous

Return to Fantastic Journey