[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Totally frivolous feature request thread

Totally frivolous feature request thread

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Re: Totally frivolous feature request thread

Postby Huggybaby » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:33 pm

It's the year 2013, we're using a newfangled device called a com-pu-ter, and it's stupid not to let users save the damn game if they want to, in the pursuit of some bogus misguided attempt at authenticity. It's absolutely pointless, senseless and without merit. In real life if you want to set a record, and you'll be playing for hours, nothing on any machine I know of stops you from walking away to eat, or sleep, or use the bathroom.

And a lot of us refuse to use the hibernate feature, for many good reasons.

There is more than one way for the programmers to eliminate "save spamming" in pursuit of a record. For normal play there's no reason to NOT have as many save states as the player desires.
Huggybaby

Postby insx » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:50 pm

I've got no problem at all with a save feature which is basically an indefinite pause but 'save spamming' as you say absolutely must be prevented in a game where people are competing for high scores. Personally, I cannot imagine wanting to have more than one game on the go, unless I was playing with other people.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby bassolasso » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:50 am

How about 2-3 saves per game? And of course, different leaderboards :)
bassolasso

Postby Vince » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 pm

In another thread (can't recall) some of you almost convinced me that pause was a good idea. I'm still not fully convinced of being able to pause anywhere but between balls, and then it's paused anyway.

I'm not sure I can see a save function work without allowing cheating though. Perhaps a flag someplace to invalidate scoreboard posting if save has been used? I'm not sure I can think of anything else that would stop those repeated attempts. Saves should not be allowed to be used for a public scoreboard post imo.
Vince
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby nudiustertian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:02 am

nudiustertian

Postby pinwolf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Next (not so) frivolous feature request:

An in-game rules + standard pinball play skills guide for Pro Pinball newbies. I think this is necessary, because T!Ultra HAS to compete with Pinball Arcade and Pinball FX2 to be the new standard after all. With only one table and ultra realistic physics (means hard to play for a pinball newcomer kid) it will have not an easy go this time. The kids don't want to read a big manual. T!Ultra has to be PERFECT in this regards to gain momentum and generate new hype for the future of Pro Pinball series.
Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Lio » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I think pressing escape should just pause the game like it used to - and then you can resume play from there - maybe not 100% accurate but everything else I would just consider annoying and broken in the pc world - what else should happen when you press escape anyway?
Saving is a feature that is not required imo but as long as you can't load the same savegame over and over again and at the same time be part of the high score boards I don't mind.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby nudiustertian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:22 pm

nudiustertian

Postby frederikjurk » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:15 pm

t e r r o r f r o m t h e c r a t e
frederikjurk
VIP
VIP

Postby FIL » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:48 am

In a recent game a ball managed (barely) to trigger the "Lucky!" event, and then drained anyway. I believe that's the only time this has ever happened to me.

I was immediately sad that the announcer didn't exclaim in an incredulous tone "Unlucky!!!"
FIL
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Timeshock!