(Bug?) Right size is weak

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

(Bug?) Right size is weak

Postby VinceNL » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 am

I have noticed this (Bug?) also in the original pc version of Timeshock!.
The right size of the table is very weak when you don’t have “Magno-save”

9 out of 10 times you always lose you’re ball here.

Example: when a ball is coming hard from left to right
Example: when a ball is coming out of spinner

Anyone else experience this?
VinceNL

Re: (Bug?) Right size is weak

Postby ndcoten » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 am

oh, yeah, I've noticed that as well, since I started playing the PC version.

though, I don't think it's a bug, but instead a way of making the table harder. since the lower-right area of the table is so wide-open, a lot of weak shots or missed shots will eventually find their way to that 'N' lane - like the spinner and upper ramp shots, or when the ball is getting knocked around by the slingshots. so, in turn, you have a Magno-Save placed there so that a player with good reaction time can keep the ball safe. you want to have it all the time, to be ready when things go bad and you need, well, a Save!

so, my advice for dealing with that area is to try to keep Magno-Save lit as much as possible. if you've used your save, go for the drop targets, try your luck with some scans, or take the Super Magno-Save reward from the super scanner, which lets you use it as much as you want until you lose your ball (one of the better rewards, I think!).

when you don't have it ready, try nudging the table to the right when the ball is in that lower-right area to make it bounce off the rail between the 'A' and 'N' lanes. a good bounce around there can mean the difference between a safe ball and a drain.
try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

Re: (Bug?) Right size is weak

Postby MadScience2006 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Great tips, ndcoten...thanks!

I'm happily playing my original versions of all tables on the PC again (older Fujitsu notebook running 1280x1024 screen rez, one of the last 4 x 3 screens they made before widescreen took hold, Pentium 4, WinXP), after many, many years. Great gaming!
MadScience2006

Return to Timeshock!