Some little Timeshock secrets

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Some little Timeshock secrets

Postby nonfamousd » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Here are few little Timeshock rules and features you might not know about. You might consider some of these spoilers, so don't read on if you like to discover things yourself.

* You can start the game in Tournament mode (no extra balls, no random awards) by holding the right flipper before starting a game.

* You can start the game in Challenge mode (table progress persists between players in multi-player games) by holding the left flipper before starting a game.

* Before launching, you can hold down both flippers for a "secret skill shot" with an analog plunger.

* You can choose which continent is lit at the start of each ball by timing your launch.

* You can hold down both flippers to disable jet bumper action. This is useful in explorations, because the clock keeps ticking down while the ball bounces in the jets. Time things right and you'll be set for an upper ramp shot.

* If you have a ball trapped on the right flipper and lock is lit, you can tap the left flipper to temporarily raise the lock ramp. This is useful if you want a shot at the upper ramp instead of locking a ball.

* A lock lane / upper ramp combo awards two continents instead of the usual one.

* There's a special quote for completing the Europe mode with just a couple of seconds left on the clock.

* If the Time Drive is lit and you elect *not* to change time zone, the Time Drive will remain lit after multiball. If you haven't collected the fragment in the current zone, this saves you having to complete the L/R ramps again.

* Bang-backs are possible (you can tilt the ball back into play after it drains down an outlane)

Got any others?
13-inch MacBook Air (Mid 2012) | OS X 10.9.4 | 2-core 2 GHz Intel Core i7 | 8Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 | Intel HD Graphics 400, 1024 Mb VRAM
iPad 3 64Gb, iOS 8.1.1
iPhone 5S 64Gb, iOS 8.1.1
nonfamousd
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Some little Timeshock secrets

Postby wonderboy » Thu May 01, 2014 7:56 am

Great Tips!

I especially like the raising the lock ramp and disabling the Jets action. Looking forward to trying these out : )

Thanks!
wonderboy

Re: Some little Timeshock secrets

Postby Vince » Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 am

"
* You can hold down both flippers to disable jet bumper action. This is useful in explorations, because the clock keeps ticking down while the ball bounces in the jets. Time things right and you'll be set for an upper ramp shot."

I only found this out the other day whilst watching gameplay on Youtube. I noticed that they had been disabled and rushed off to find out if it was just one or both flippers needed.
Vince
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to Timeshock!