[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Steam Achievements

Steam Achievements

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Steam Achievements

Postby Liderian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Liderian

Re: Steam Achievements

Postby nudiustertian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:32 am

I think it's funny that "Save the Universe" is buried somewhere in there even though that's the goal of the game and the rest is just fodder for achievement nuts (OK, disregarding high scores obviously, the real goal of the game). Tellingly, you're also missing wizard mode -- though I suppose you could make that one secret. :)

Personally I hate achievements of the form "do X 100 times" especially if it's just a matter of time before you do if you continue playing the game, but I do see how it works psychologically for people who care about that sort of thing.
nudiustertian

Postby Liderian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the reply! I tried to put the ideas in some kind of order, but couldn't really sort everything properly. Also, I'm still not that good at the game (haven't managed to actually "beat" it), so I'm sure there are plenty of things still missing.
I understand what you're saying about the achievements that are more grindy in nature. I prefer more interesting ones myself (and I hope I managed to include enough of those as ideas), but I feel they've become somewhat of a staple, too, so I didn't want to exclude those kinds.
Liderian

Postby ndcoten » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 pm

try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:12 am

I think this is a generational thing, I like a few of them but only the major achievements. I grew up with games where "completing it" was the only goal. I still haven't reached The End of Time in Timeshock!
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Liderian » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Liderian

Return to Timeshock!