Any way to purchase and download the original?

Where it all started back in 1995

Any way to purchase and download the original?

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Or is it so ancient that it's impossible to run on newer PC's? I have the Playstation version but odds are that it's broken.
Pinballwiz45b

Re: Any way to purchase and download the original?

Postby Whiterabbit-uk » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:31 am

I still have the original CD version that still played on Win XP, though I've not tested it on the latest operating systems. Setting up a dual boot system on one of my older computers so that I can play some of my older games. :)
Whiterabbit-uk

Postby Tarek Oberdieck » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 pm

You can buy it for example from Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Pinball-The-Web-PC/dp/B00004C8RX Installation on newer Windows versions is a little bit tricky. The setup must be run in Windows 98 compatibility mode and after that "Menu.exe", "Play.exe" and "WGame.exe" need to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode too.
Tarek Oberdieck

Postby Whiterabbit-uk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:09 am

Thanks for the feedback Tarik, I'll install my copy and see if it works. :) Been a long time since i played it. got all of the Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade games on Steam plus others, so haven't really felt the need to try this old one, but I do remember it being a great table. I hope they upgrade it to HD graphics. Today's monitors are much larger than the monitors we used to use when The Web was released. :)
Whiterabbit-uk

Postby insx » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 am

I'm pretty sure I had it working on Windows 7 a while back. I must admit, I didn't play it for very long. Only Timeshock! has ever held my interest long term.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to The Web