[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project time

Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project time

Android phone and tablet discussion

Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project time

Postby Nik Barbour » Fri May 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Just wondered if beta access might be extended to all KS backers considering the time frame this has taken?
Nik Barbour

Re: Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project

Postby SaticICE » Fri May 08, 2015 3:44 pm

I have to agree, please give us all access. It will keep us happy for a very long time.
SaticICE

Postby Lio » Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm

for what it's worth: I backed at beta access and I would not mind if all the backers here had access to the android beta.
I just tried out the beta on my Galaxy S5 and it seems like it's having quite a few performance issues so it might really be a good idea to extend the beta to a bigger audience while still keeping it to the forum.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Fri May 08, 2015 6:35 pm

I posted this on the kickstarter comments page, but I'll repost it here as well...

This is not a complaint, but an observation.

To me personally, it doesn't make sense to limit your testing pool to a percentage of the total install base just because they pledged a certain level.

BETA testing should not be a reward, it is a job, and a very important job at that, because bugs need to be squashed.

You have the opportunity here to have a large number of willing testers test your game and report feedback as volunteers I'd wager, and it would be a mistake to neglect that
You'll end up with a buggier game, which will not please anybody.

Just my opinion... and some of it may be motivated by me wanting to play the game ;) but at the same time, it's also true.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby mxfh » Sat May 09, 2015 4:05 am

Would like to know too, just got a new OLED Android tablet and stuff just look so outlandishly real. And still no Pinball app anywhere.

Considering I almost forgot about the whole thing since I'm out of iPads it just seems fair not to discriminate by platform if one version is already out there.

COMBO! Backer
max
mxfh

Postby mxfh » Sat May 09, 2015 4:19 am

mxfh

Postby soundbyt3 » Sat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm in the 60-tier, and could also provide some betatesting, since I got a tablet in Feb. However, it's Android 5 on Intel hardware.
soundbyt3
VIP
VIP

Postby netizen » Sat May 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I'd be willing to do some beta testing, and I have three different Android devices to test on.
netizen
VIP
VIP

Postby Jim » Sat May 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby SaticICE » Tue May 12, 2015 7:05 am

This post, like most things - is being ignored by those in power!

I know on Kickstarter I have moaned a lot - but I would be miles happier if you gave us access.

The fact that the original Kickstarter was for a Windows version - with the other platforms being stretch goals - you have taken a very odd way of doing this!

C'mon guys! Do the right thing!
SaticICE

Next

Return to Android