Does "XBLA" Version include Windows RT and Phone?

XBLA/Xbox 360 specific discussion

Does "XBLA" Version include Windows RT and Phone?

Postby error126 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Ade and Pro Pinball Team,

short question... what exactly does "XBLA" Version mean? Is it only an XBox Version or does it also include the various Windows Marketplaces (Windows 8 Marketplace, RT marketplace and Windows Phone marketplace)?

I'd suspect that there is not a big difference in deploying it for both XBox and Windows marketplaces, or am I wrong?

And additional to that, will there be Touchscreen Support for the "normal" Windows version, meaning it will run on touch screen systems such as the surface pro? Key issue currently is, that touching a point on the screen does not trigger the plunges...

Cheers, error126
error126

Re: Does "XBLA" Version include Windows RT and Phone?

Postby Roo » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:28 pm

I believe they are completely separate marketplaces/platforms so I wouldn't assume anything. For example, Pinball FX2 has an XBLA version on Xbox 360, a Windows 8 version, and a Steam version. In their case I believe the Windows 8 version is more adapted to mobile devices and touch screen devices while the Steam version is more of a high-end traditional PC version. But they are all completely separate.
Roo
VIP
VIP

Postby IGL » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:34 pm

its Xbox Live Arcade
IGL
VIP
VIP

Postby Ade » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:30 am

At the moment XBLA just includes Xbox 360. Other platforms may be supported eventually.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Return to XBLA/Xbox 360