[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Let's get to know each other

Let's get to know each other

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Re: Let's get to know each other

Postby Ante » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 am

Hi,

my name is Andreas, I'm 40 years old, some of you maybe know me better by my nickname Ante. I'm living in the beautiful country Austria, near Lake Constance and I'm working as a software developer. I have some decent scores in all the Pro Pinball games and I also competed very well in the Big Race USA head to head ladder matches :D
More about this can be found on my homepage http://www.tmt.at/ante/ (till now the only place in the www where you can enter your Pro Pinball highscores)
I have also helped Ade & his team with the Kickstarter and I will of course also help testing the new Ultra editions.

What else, I love to play poker (I've won the Vorarlberger Online Poker Championship 2007 held by win2day.at), I love to go hiking in the mountains and I have some very crazy animals at home (like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poecilotheria_metallica).

And to close with a sentence from Fantastic Journey, it's "Nice to meet you" :-)
Home of the Pro Pinball Highscores (old versions)
Test equipment:
Intel Core i5-4570, MSI Z87-G43 motherboard
8GB DDR3, nVidia GTX760 2GB
Windows 7 64bit
BenQ GL2450HT 24" LED monitor, 90° rotated
Ante
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Folks

My real name is Tim and I live in Essex, England. I played quite a bit of pinball in the 80s in the arcades where I grew up. A few years back I went back to one of those arcades and bought a couple of the machines off them for a bargain price! I've owned a lot of real machines but I don't have any right now (too expensive and no space). It was Timeshock that inspired me to get a real machine but I've never found a game with a ruleset anything like as good as Timeshock's. I've played Timeshock on and off for the last 15 years but never had the same passion for the other PPs. I've started to build a mini cabinet to house the Ultra Edition as well as Visual Pinball.

Cheers
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby twsh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Mario and I was born in Barcelona (Spain) but it is 8 years ago I moved to Sevilla (South Spain). I loved Ttimeshock! since I found out it. I alwasy remember that day. It was a cold evening when a classmate came to my house to make some homework together (some programs written in pascal :D ) but the first thing we did was trying out a game he found out. The first impression was: "Oh my god! :shock: This is a dream becoming true! Now I can have a pinball machine in my house!!!" A few weeks later when I was able to raise the money I bought it. Since then in every new computer I've ever had Timeshock was installed and enjoyed it :D

Now the dream is becoming real one more time. This time I wil try to build a cabinet just for this table :mrgreen: To me the best of the Pro Pinball saga.
twsh
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Lio » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi everyone, it's good to be here.
My real name is Martin Antholzner, 32 and currently living in Hamburg, Germany.
Some will know me from various VP / FP (I'm the guy that created all the 3D models that came with the stock FP installer) or real life pinball forums.
My interest in real pinball started with a Black Knight 2000 when I was around 9 or 10 years old - it was located in the ice skating place of my hometown and I loved it (I think Elvira and the party monsters was the second game I ever played followed by Bally's Radical).
I played all sorts of computer pinball in the 386/486 computer days (pinball dreams, pb fantasies , etc.) but when The Web came out I was so thrilled it's hard to put into words - however Timeshock! is still my favourite (BRUSA second, The Web third and FJ forth).
Somehow I had forgotten about (real) pinball pretty much in the mid to late 90s when pinball tables became less common here until VP came around (I read about it on retrogames.com, I remember) in 2000 or 2001. And when Black showed off his first screenshot of the BK2K recreation he was working on that brought back a lot of fond memories and I was hooked to Pinball again (a couple of month later I went to get a real BK2K which to this day is still my only real pinball game)... I was a rather active part of the VP community in its' early years (also was admin on the old vpforums for some time) but then live got busier and pinball took the backseat again.
Then when the Pro Pinball kickstarter came around for the first time it was like a blast from the past bringing back so many good memories - needles to say I was really sad to see it fail.
All the more reason to be happy now - can't wait to see the new Timeshockl! in action and I hope there will be many more Pro Pinball games yet to come.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Jim (couldn't really come up with a creative nickname :lol: )

I don't have a lot of experience with real pinball, but I still love to play it. I have played all the older pinball games (Epic Pinball, Extreme Pinball, Pinball Fantasies, etc.) and while they were all good, I wouldn't really classify them as simulators. Then I discovered the demo of Timeshock, and was amazed at how real it was. this was a simulator.

This was right around the holidays so my mother was visiting, and she immedatley became hooked also. I searched everywhere for a place to buy the full game, and then got it for PC and Dreamcast. Timeshock was a game that actually brought the family together to play -- which meant a lot to me personally, and then when my mother passed on, Timeshock has become a way to remember all the fun that we had together.

When I saw that the first Kickstarter failed, I was very sad, I never got a chance to pledge, but when this one came around, I pledged as much as I could spare, and am very glad that it suceeded and I am honored to be a part of it, even if it's a small part.

Both of my computers run Linux, so I am looking forward to that version the most. I tried to download the Lighting simulator on my phone but it says "insufficient storage", odds are the full game will be even bigger, so Android might be a no-go for me.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby LoB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:16 pm

LoB

Postby pcraenme » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Patrick and I live in Horst, The Netherlands. I've always been fascinated by pinball games. It started out on a Commodore 64 and later on PC's, a PS3, iPhone 4 and iPad 3. The earliest pinball games I can remember on the PC are Epic Pinball, Pinball Fantasies, Pinball Dreams and Slam Tilt Pinball. But then I discovered Pro Pinball which was the first Pinball game that really felt like a simulation. I own all 4 of them and bought them when they were originally released and still play them regularly. Later I also discovered Visual Pinball and Future Pinball. Besides these I also play Zen Pinball 2 (Pinball FX2) on the PS3 (in 3D on a 50" plasma) and on the PC, The Pinball Arcade (all tables that have come out until now on iOS and PS3, wating on a PC release) and Zaccaria Pinball on iOS (all tables). Besides pinball games, I also play a lot of simracing games like rFactor 1&2, GT5, all Simbin games, Game Stock Car 2012, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa.

One of my wishes is still to own a real pinball table or cabinet, but I am not a technical person (hardware wise), and am somewhat worried about the technical maintenance for a real pinball table or cabinet.

I am looking forward to the new ultra versions of all Pro Pinball tables. Looking at how much more powerful hardware has become, I can't wait to find out how they will play on this hardware. Especially since in my opinion the old versions are already better than everthing that is currently on the market, The Pinball Arcade being the 2nd best at the moment.
PC:Intel Core i5 3570K | MSI Geforce GTX 660ti PE | 16 GB | W8.1 Pro 64bit & W7 64bit
Phone:iPhone 4 | iOS 7.1.1
Phone:iPhone 6 | iOS 8.4
Tablet:iPad Air 128GB WiFi | iOS 8.4 | iCade Core
Tablet:Nexus 7 2013 32GB | Android 5.1.1
pcraenme
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby ndcoten » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:54 am

Heya!

I'm ndcoten, or IWG, from Winnipeg. I've been big on pinball ever since I was a young child - I used to sit on the glass tables to watch while my dad played them, which in retrospect, wasn't a great idea - and started playing simulations on my computer. Microsoft Pinball Arcade, Extreme Pinball, PP, and a couple of bargain-bin compilations of really bad tables among them. Simulations also managed to teach me a bit of programming, what with the prospect of making my own concepts in Virtual Pinball and the like.

Lately I've been playing any real-life tables I can find in my city, and I'm currently trying to master an AC/DC and a Theatre of Magic. I'm also a fan of the newer pinball video games / simulations that are coming out, and I've grown fond of the more "video-game-y" pinball titles like Pokemon Pinball.

My favourite table: World Cup Soccer. Table that I most want to play: Banzai Run. Among my life goals: Own, and learn to maintain, an actual table, and get a copy of this friggin' game.
try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

Postby ErikM » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:03 pm

ErikM
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Vince » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:02 am

Vince