[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Lack of activity

Lack of activity

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Re: Lack of activity

Postby insx » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 pm

So, I emailed Barnstorm and got a reply from Ade. They are working on the physical rewards but there was no indication of whether or not they are developing the game further.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby db10-1Propin » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:32 pm

I'll believe it when I see it! Some of the original funders will have died before they get their stuff! Seriously, I bet they have. It's been a shambles from the start, and for those of us that really believed in Ade to get this going again a really sad state of affairs.

The worst thing is to see Barnstorm near top of the Android paid for games. They are clearly still open for business, just not to honour the TS project funders it seems.
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Postby Phlum » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:41 am

Phlum
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:54 pm

I guess it's not a big secret.

Barnstorm-email.jpg
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby twsh » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 am

"What it is it you're expecting to see for you to consider the game finished?"

Maybe the new physics engine??? Maybe the more than two years of delay??
Maybe the lack of communication??? We don't deserve this treatment at all.

Any way I think it is not a good way to answer. That's for sure.
twsh
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby FIL » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:33 am

Well that's definitely unexpected.

My understanding was that we still have the original game's physics engine in the current release? There has been no announcement to the contrary that I am aware of.

I don't particularly mind whether or not we get to the new physics via the Fantastic Journey physics or not, but I'm most definitely expecting that they will be working on the new "Ultra" physics as originally planned. That was half the point of this Kickstarter!

I kinda don't want the physical DVD until the new physics are implemented. Otherwise it's an incomplete version that still needs the internet to get some future patch for an expected default feature.

That said, someone was complaining about weird bouncy physics recently. Maybe they did change them?! If so, the lack of communication is very disappointing. (And surely the plan was to allow us to select which physics the game uses?)
FIL
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:47 am

Yes, it is surprising, considering that these were the promises (I think at least 4 of these are not done yet):

Where will the money go?

We've made good progress already, but there is still much needed to complete the game on all four platforms, such as:

A brand new state of the art physics engine with new balls and flippers (the classic physics engine will still be an option for those who prefer it)
A beautiful new front-end and menu system for all platforms
Further graphics engine enhancements, such as motion blurred flippers
Support for pinball cabinets, including multiple displays
Improvements and tweaks to the game rules, including a few new surprises!
Dot Matrix Display improvements
New hardware to render super high-resolution photo realistic images with multiple viewing angles
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:16 pm

Ecktown

Postby goyangi » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:48 pm

The forum is a ghost town.

I asked a question about getting the Kickstarter backer version in August and haven't gotten a reply since.

At this point I might just pirate it since the devs obviously don't care one bit.
goyangi

Previous

Return to Pro Pinball