A Discord server

General discussion about Pro Pinball

A Discord server

Postby Penguinator » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:05 am

I have created a Discord server for Pro Pinball after having good experiences by using it for discussion around fighting games on several servers. The discussion can happen with text messages or voice audio in real time, but the text also archives into a backlog so it works for both fast and slow paced discussion, yet the bar for posting simple things and questions is much lower than at forums. This is by no means a rival for the forums, but rather an alternative for more organic discussion about all sorts of subjects (eg. "Yay, I finally broke the 1 billion mark on Timeshock!", "I'm really bad at drop catches, any tips for when and how to use them?", "The SIlver Castle whitewood looks awesome, any recent news about it?").

Here's the invitation link to the server, feel free to spread it around.
https://discord.gg/VWEj8CA
I haven't really worked as an admin before, so any volunteers who'd like to help can send me a forum message and ask for admin rights for your Discord username.

Discord is completely free as an app (with no "premium" features or forced advertising) and you can also run it from a browser. It's also less CPU-heavy than other communication apps and it's even more useful if you follow multiple channels for various games.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Re: A Discord server

Postby Penguinator » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 am

I just deleted the Discord server due to complete lack of activity in past months.
In retrospect, I probably should have promoted it on the Steam forums as well, but honestly speaking I see no future with Pro Pinball after the developers have gone silent so the need for real time discussion simply doesn't exist.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Return to Pro Pinball