iOS version is out now!

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Re: iOS version is out now!

Postby queeny34 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Better than Zen
queeny34

Postby Diod » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Awesome physics, awesome lighting, awesome sound. Made me very happy... and depressed, because now there are three pinball games for iOS that each have killer things the other two don't have.

TPA has the Bally/Williams/Gottlieb/Stern/DataEast licenses which is an offer you can't refuse, but the iOS graphics are crude and watered down, the physics are so-so (the ball lacks proper weight), the 11k sound is laughably abysmal and has no place in a product created on this side of the year 2000... and worst of all, it's terribly buggy. It crashes, hangs and freezes, it loses your high scores/HoF points, even the menu system is buggy. Plus, they barely ever get around to fixing the bugs. If one is introduced, prepare to be stuck with it for months or even years. Such killer licenses, so little commitment to software quality and performance. I have to get the upcoming Addams Family table but that's the last one I'm buying from them until they shape up.

Zen has Marvel/Star Wars/South Park, a huge amount of tables, cool 'heightened reality' effects, top notch sound, great stability and performance... but the physics are kind of dinky and the overall feel is quite toyish.

And now here's PP: The best physics, the best light FX, great sound, closest to the real thing yet... but the tables are neither "real" nor based on cool franchises, just the usual 'mock franchise' tables in the tradition of Tristan and Pinball Dreams - though, admittedly, this is a rather good one that could pass for a recreation of a 90s SEGA table or something.
Diod

Postby ThePlayer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Looks nice. I just wish my IPhone's screen wasn't so small cause it takes away some of the detail due to the resolution and it kind of makes it hard to play :(

Oh well I'm sure when the PC version comes out it will look and be really great.
ThePlayer

Postby xfratzex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Congratulations, Ade and team!
Timeshock! Another Cunning Development
xfratzex

Postby xfratzex » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:42 pm

Congratulations, Ade and team!

But I missing the Start Sequenz from the old DOS/Windows Version. :?
Timeshock! Another Cunning Development
xfratzex

Postby Pinball » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:54 pm

When will this be available for the Mac i.e. OS X?
Pinball
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Previous

Return to Pro Pinball