[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - I love Pro Pinball

I love Pro Pinball

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Re: I love Pro Pinball

Postby pcraenme » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:40 pm

I gave away my original Timeshock box (1997), when I bought a double pack including The Web (which I did not know of before) and Timeshock. But I 'missed' the old and great looking box so much, that I bought it again! And then BRUSA and FJ immediately when they were released. And now the Ultra version, which I pledged £100 for. So... YES... I love Pro Pinball too!!! :)
PC:Intel Core i5 3570K | MSI Geforce GTX 660ti PE | 16 GB | W8.1 Pro 64bit & W7 64bit
Phone:iPhone 4 | iOS 7.1.1
Phone:iPhone 6 | iOS 8.4
Tablet:iPad Air 128GB WiFi | iOS 8.4 | iCade Core
Tablet:Nexus 7 2013 32GB | Android 5.1.1
pcraenme
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby db10-1Propin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I loved PP when I came across it. It sparked a desire to get all PC pinball games (and on some consoles).

I remember there was a website called pcpinball.com which had a list of most pinball games by ranking - needless to say TS! was #1 of all games with BRUSA and The Web @ #2 & #3 repectively. I think FJ was at #5.

My favourites were TS of course + The Web. Although I loved the physics engine and table customisations of BRUSA and FJ I do not think they were as much fun.

My other favourites were Pinball Fantasies (great fluid gameplay) + Bally's 8 Ball Deluxe for which I kept a tank of an old laptop running with DOS just to play it! Good times.

Great to see Pro Pinball back. It deserves nothing less than to live on and thrive.
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Postby settingsons » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 pm

My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
My MAME Bartop : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18869
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Eric Russell » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:47 am

Well done. I look forward to seeing what you can do with the current technology.
Eric Russell

Postby cottonm4 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:22 am

OK. Here we are !!. Like all of you, I have many fond memories of playing Pro Pinball on my iMac way back then. That was a 12" monitor. Then I got a G4 with a 17" monitor and Pro Pinball really lit up.

About two years ago I decided to use my business PC for a little bit of fun and bought a PP 4-game pack and loaded up on a 22" monitor. Amazing. I cannot wait to get these sims on my cab.

We all have our favorites plays with Pro Pinball. Mine was always the satisfaction I got when I managed to knock that cocky sheriff off of the highway in BRUSA video mode.

I used to spend time on Sam Gabriel's Tower of Pin. In those days it was a trial to go there with a Mac. Things sure have changed.

I see unclewilley is here. Man , unclewilly, you have done some very nice work over at VP. I have enjoyed many of your pins. Thank you !!

My UID here is cottonm4, but some of you may recognize me better by my Kickstarter name of Craig Day (if I would have known better I would have not used my real name). I was the one who was flogging everybody to dig a little deeper. I hope I did not offend anybody with my antics.
cottonm4
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby db10-1Propin » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 pm

db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Postby ndcoten » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:34 am

Absolutely loved the first two games as a kid! I got a two-disc set of The Web and Timeshock as a gift when I was about 8 or so, and playing them for hours on end really solidified my love of pinball and score-attack games in general. I never got to play Big Race or Fantastic Journey back then, but thankfully GoG was able to fix that several years later. I even bought Timeshock a second time from them, and then discovered that the version I grew up playing had a completely scrambled soundtrack. Oh well.

Now that I'm able to get a better understanding of these games compared to when I was a little kid, I'm really excited to see them being remade. Can't wait for Timeshock UE!
try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

Postby UFOX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Played the games on my old playstation 1 :D
Absolutly loved them! Can't wait to play them again.

Keep up the good work!!
UFOX

Postby wonderboy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:54 am

wonderboy

Postby ndcoten » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 am

try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

PreviousNext