[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Alpha Progress Report

Alpha Progress Report

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Re: Alpha Progress Report

Postby mpad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 pm

pfffeeew... what happend here? finally some life at this forum ;)

I very glad and excited about the latest news, but I still would like them to be more frequent or specific.
I know "still rendering....rendering at 80%...rendering almost comlete...server broke down an went for a beer" is not that interesting, but I have to agree that ANY kind of info is better than none. my god we are desperate fans and eager to get our hands on the product, aren't we? sometimes it's just hard to control :-P

about a final release it would be just great to know like month wise. Just to help control the inner urges.

thanks again for all the great work the pro pinball team is doing. and the real timeshock is just *WOW*
mpad

Postby Penguinator » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:02 pm

If you pledged enough pounds (£25), you gained access to the VIP section of the forum.
To be honest, it was worth nothing for a long time because the promised "developer diaries and special previews" were nonexistent, but at some point the users rightfully complained about it and now we get a detailed update log with pictures and short footage clips every week.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Postby Huggybaby » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:05 pm

When the users complained were they snootily told to read the Kickstarter page? I hope not.
Huggybaby

Postby Penguinator » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 pm

It started with an user creating a thread around November that suggested weekly updates. Ade said he didn't feel they had enough material for that and asked if the users wanted even small details. After that everyone said "yes" and pointed out it was promised as VIP stuff and Ade told few things that were going around at the time.
After another three months they finally started the weekly updates.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Postby Huggybaby » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Thank you.

I thought the importance of talking frequently with supporters was common knowledge. It's how you grow a business online in this age of Facebook and Twitter and crowdfunding. It's not difficult to do (especially considering that the task can be easily delegated, ever heard of a Fan Club?), it's not a secret and is ignored at great expense.

I want to see PP succeed and it's painful watching them shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.
Huggybaby

Postby adpag » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

The second Windows/Mac alpha version was released yesterday. All the animating objects are in the game now and the next step is to optimise in order to get it running well on both mobile and desktop hardware, low and high end.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby Huggybaby » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks for the report!
Huggybaby

Postby FoxMcCloud » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:38 pm

FoxMcCloud

Postby adpag » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:37 am

adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby mpad » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:06 pm

is it intentional that the public section of the forum is kinda hidden from the public?
there is no link on the official pro-pinball.com page you can only access via direct link or google...

could explain why it is so dead around here. or do people just do facebook theese days...?
mpad

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Pinball