[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Better things to do?

Better things to do?

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Better things to do?

Postby insx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 pm

This might explain some things although we're going to have to keep guessing if Barnstorm won't talk to us. I'm just hoping that there is some development that might filter down rather than some exclusive rights that are stopping us getting what was promised.

------------------------

Earlier this month (Feb. 7), Australian-based manufacturer Arcoda Pty Ltd., announced a partnership with Barnstorm Games, Ltd. The two companies are collaborating on an adaptation of Barnstorm's digital pinball game, Timeshock!, adapting the traditionally PC-driven game to a video pinball cabinet.

The companies say Timeshock! was one of the first video pinball games ever created, dating back to the late '90s. Timeshock! - The Arcade Edition will turn the game into a dedicated, full-size cabinet with advanced physics software, a new lighting engine, photo realistic graphics and more.

The two companies have added many features to the original Timeshock! game, several of which are only possible in a video pinball cabinet. The game will offer multiple backglass display options, multi-color DMD, advanced tournament features and more.

"Pro Pinball is one of the premium titles available as a video pinball table with a rich history. We are extremely happy to be working with Barnstorm who are adding additional features to an already feature packed pinball game software. When combined with our machines, It will play and feel like a real pinball," Arcooda CEO Steve Josifovski said.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Better things to do?

Postby insx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:17 pm

insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 pm

"Timeshock! – The Arcade Edition will be available as an exclusive product on Arcooda Video Pinball and Touch Wizard arcade machine series."
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:37 pm

That's interesting. Apparently they haven't given up on pinball altogether and maybe the other Ultra versions are going to be released some day. (Seems like I am a dreamer...)
Thank you for pointing this out!
Ecktown

Postby insx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes, this is either really good news or really bad.... perhaps a good time for Ade to chime in (you never know).
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am

It can't be bad news ;-) How much worse than a dead project can it get?
Ecktown

Postby Piet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:47 pm

I always wondered why Barnstorm chose to go for crazy high resolutions to please a couple cabinet owners instead of just sticking with the standard pc resolutions and adding new physics. Rendering the higher resolutions must have cost a fortune.

This Arcooda deal could explain the silence. I can't tell if the Arcooda deal is any good for us, I hope so because I've been longing to play Timeshock! with new physics for ages. I don't like their use of the word "exclusive", then again their version has a different name.

Btw Arcooda has a video showing The Pinball Arcade on their cabinet. Looks ridiculous haha very inceptionesk.
Piet

Postby insx » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:16 pm

I emailed Arcooda (as Barnstorm still seem determined not to talk to us) and they assured me that none of the "exclusive" stuff in the Arcade Edition will interfere with the implementation of the Ultra Edition. Fingers crossed for the new physics and stuff then...
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:18 pm

insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:22 am

I'm not a backer and I still hope that Barnstorm will pick this project back up.

It's too soon to stop the revival of the series.
Pinballwiz45b

Next

Return to Pro Pinball