Re: What a fucked up mess !!!

Postby insx » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 pm

Aren't we all :(
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:29 pm

I pledged at the Ultra Combo level, and still never received my Steam key, the soundtrack, or the PDF of the manual.

These are all digital rewards, so not sure what happened to them or why I never received them.
I currently have version 1.2.3 installed. Not sure if the Steam version is more current, or how it is different.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:55 am

I don't think you would be gaining much, if anything from the Steam version. I do find it strange that some people didn't get their Steam key though.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

What about the alternative physics that were announced during the Early Access? Has anyone any news about that?
What about the other Ultra versions (on their website it is still in plural). Are they still planning on releasing those?
Could maybe a backer contact them directly about those questions or has somebody already contacted them?
Ecktown

Postby insx » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:34 pm

I contacted them and got a very brief response that they were working on the physical rewards, no answers about the new physics, etc. At this stage, I can only consider the project dead and I'll just be pleasantly surprised if/when anything further turns up.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Yes, that's what I feared. Thank you in any case!
BRUSA and Fantastic Journey look very decent graphic-wise (as does the old Timeshock) but the Ultra version looks so much better. It is really sad because I think it's still the best pinball game out there and I would love to have the other tables as an Ultra version too... But I won't hold my breath ;-)
Ecktown

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:33 am

Yes, at this point I suspect that they underestimated the cost of the project and have spent all of the funds. It's the only explanation I can come up with for why there is total silence and no apparent progress.

I am not expecting anything else at this point. If I haven't even gotten my digital rewards, I consider this to be a dead project now. :(
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 am

It's a sad state of affairs when the only active thread on the forum is this one. I guess there's nothing else that could be done to get a response out of Barnstorm :(
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:02 pm

I guess the best chance is for the kickstarter backers to keep on sending them emails until they get so annoyed that they finally send a decent answer :D
Ecktown

Previous

Return to Pro Pinball