[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - What a fucked up mess !!!

What a fucked up mess !!!

General discussion about Pro Pinball

What a fucked up mess !!!

Postby cottonm4 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Did my bit of profanity offend you? Sorry, but too sorry. Just maybe this will galvanized the Barnstorm team into action.

I have nothing to lose. I am MULTIBALL! backer. I spent some money on this. I have been away for several months. Now I am back and I would like to get current.

So far

1) I have my name in the credits (Whoop-te-do)

2) This day (18-Jan-17) I finally downloaded the Version 1.2.1 Mac .DMG file for my Mac that was emailed to me on 7-July-2016. I got to play one session on my Mac was this version. It was not bad. But now when I try to play another game all I get is a locked up Mac and I am forced to hard restart just to get my Mac back.

It is a strange behavior. I have a mouse cursor that moves freely but my left-click and right-click buttons are disabled. And the only way out is to push the Mac's on/off button to force a hard restart.

I have no clue where to look for what files are lurking in the depths the Mac so I can correct this mess.

This is Strike #1.

3) This day (18-Jan-2016), for my XP PC, I managed to get version 1.2.1 that was emailed to me on 7-July-2016 installed. What a comedy of errors this was.

When I attempted to open the emailed link on my PC, I kept getting sent to Apple's app store page that contains the downloadable files to Apple's iOS 7 for iPhones and iPads.

I finally had to download the link for the version 1.2.1 executable file from the emailer on my Mac, transfer that to a thumb drive, install the thumb drive to the PC and drag the .exe file to the PC. Whew!

I got version 1.2.1 loaded onto the PC and it works. It works quite well. The problem is that it will not install the program to the PC so every time I wish to play a game, I must click on the .exe installer and wait for the 15 minutes it takes to re-download the files before I can play a new session. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the behavior remains.

And I also see that I cannot switch to the cabinet version with this version 1.2.1 installer.

This is Strike #2

Next, I am learning from other posts here that to get a cabinet version I have to have Steam key. I don't have a Steam key and at this date I don't know where, or how, to get a Steam Key since Barnstorm does not seam to be corresponding anymore.

That's Strike #3.

If anybody can help me with this crap, it would be appreciated. Yes. It is crap. And I'm being kind. Next post, I may draw from my book of profanity I have on the desk beside me.

I may not get results and I may offend some, but if the Barnstorm Team deletes this post I will at least know I stepped on a nerve.

Meanwhile, the silence with Timeshock Ultra is deafening.
cottonm4
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: What a fucked up mess !!!

Postby insx » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:35 pm

As a backer, you should have an email link for version 1.2.3 and you have to run the exe with -m2 or -m3 to get cabinet (2 or 3 monitor) support.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby cottonm4 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:47 pm

cottonm4
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby settingsons » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:33 am

Did anyone ever get any of their physical rewards - ie: Keyring, etc. ? I backed at £90 plus a tenner for delivery, but nothing was ever delivered. I know the game was the main thing I wanted but I backed at the higher levels and paid the delivery because I wanted the physical rewards. I would rather give the money for goods undelivered to a charity.
My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
My MAME Bartop : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18869
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby cottonm4 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:05 am

cottonm4
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:06 pm

The last comments that we managed to get out of Barnstorm were that they are working on the physical rewards.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:08 pm

My Steam key was sent out almost a year ago, btw - 28/01/16.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby settingsons » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 pm

I hope you get some help soon inxs. Maybe worth emailing them direct.

As for the rewards I don't mind waiting but would just like to hear an update, even if it's they won't happen.

One disappointing thing I found with the last build using cab view is still the blurring in the upper playfield. No matter what resolutions I try none look as good as the early betas top down view. I really hope the game can be finished off with a crystal clear cab view render.
My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 pm

insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby settingsons » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Oh yea sorry insx. I am getting old :)
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Next

Return to Pro Pinball