[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Timeshock Server Down?

Timeshock Server Down?

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Timeshock Server Down?

Postby FreeJamSociety » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

So far, this week, when I have attempted to log in from my Samsung Galaxy tablet to play Timeshock, I have gotten an "unable to contact server" message. I have, of course, still been able to play using Guest Mode, but does anyone know anything about this?

:shock:
FreeJamSociety

Re: Timeshock Server Down?

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 pm

This is exactly what I have been posting about, here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1265

Have not received any response yet.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:52 pm

I tried to connect to the leaderboards and got the same error. I don't dare log out of my account. Worrying :(
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:58 am

Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby Ecktown » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:15 am

Yes, the leaderboards can't be accessed.

I was wondering which data to save to be able to play Timeshock Ultra on a new computer eventually. If the leaderboard servers are already down it is very likely that the graphics can't be downloaded in future. Does anyone know which folder to save to be able to install the game on a new computer with all the graphics that you downloaded? I guess it's the folder in SteamApps/common but maybe there's more?

I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the devs but I still want to be able to play the game in the future. Any help would be appreciated!
Ecktown

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:55 pm

@Ecktown, gosh, I wish I could help with this... if I knew that info, I would have made use of it myself. I also would imagine that there is a registry entry (or an .ini file) somewhere that stores log-in info to avoid the screen that asks for sign-in.

That along with the graphics files would be needed.

At this point, if the devs have abandoned the project, there really isn't much of a future. The moment anyone re-installs, they are locked out of the game.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Well, you can "Play as guest" with the backer version and you can still download the graphics (at least for now).
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Yes, I just realized that.... I'm downloading all the table views and making backup copies. I think playing as a guest has limitations though... correct me if I'm mistaken
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby Jim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Also for Ecktown, and anyone else who wants to save their table view data before the servers go down completely: They are stored in wherever you installed Timeshock Ultra, and then sub-folders

.\ extra_data \ timeshock

The folders underneath that are for the different view heights. Keep in mind it's about 20 GB with all of the views at 1080p res, which is all I downloaded because my monitor is FHD, any higher would be a waste for me.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby Ecktown » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Thank you for your help! I have saved the whole Timeshock folder. I have the steam version and I don't get the screen that asks for a sign-in. I am logged in but this is just for the leaderboards. I double-checked and I can also play while being offline. So, I guess that should not be a problem.
Still the whole situation is very disappointing because this is a great game. Maybe one of the backers has success in reaching them via mail and gets some sort of answer. Although looking at the previous communication I guess that's unlikely.
Ecktown

Next

Return to Pro Pinball