Full cabinet support version with 3 monitors on Steam

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Full cabinet support version with 3 monitors on Steam

Postby pindoc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:03 am

I guess I missed this. I played the Steam version yesterday and discovered that the version on there seems to be more advanced than anything that had been released here. There is full cabinet support with 3 monitors. I am able to use the buttons on my cabinet because they are mapped to keystrokes and even nudging. I am not sure how long it has been there but I have not seen any mention of it here. There is even some help going on at the Steam forum. I am not sure if it is the developers or just helpful users.
Apparently I missed the announcement that the game release and support is moving to Steam instead of this dedicated forum site. Did anyone else see it? Would have saved me a whole lot of headaches and concern.

If anyone is interested, you can get 3 monitor support by right clicking on Pro Pinball Ultra in your library > Properties > Set Launch Options > M3
I would guess you can do the same for 2 monitors with M2

Sorry if this is old news but I was totally unaware.
pindoc
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Full cabinet support version with 3 monitors on Steam

Postby insx » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 am

Yes, you missed it. Kickstarter backers should have received release anouncments by email. I've had everything you mention for a long time without needing Steam.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I'm confused by your comments about the 3 monitor and controller support though, considering we were discussing it back in the Summer:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=755&p=3636&hilit=monitors#p3636
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby pindoc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 am

Yes. The backers release did initially work until I loaded the last one (3.2.1 or 1.2.3 or whatever it was before Ade went into silent mode) and that version just took all the usability out of the game on my system. I had to download the resolution and re-do the settings every time I opened up the game, no matter what I tried. There was no word back from the developers at all and the forum went silent right after this. I would check back on the forum every few weeks but there was nothing new but questions about "where have the updates from the developers gone?" "Why aren't they responding to the forum?" So I gave up and figured I would try to find the old version again and reload when I had the time. That did not happen until earlier this week. Life has a way of getting in the way of hobbies.
I did not check on Steam because the last I heard, the Steam version did not have full cabinet support. Only PC or limited cabinet support. I just happened to open the game in Steam a couple days ago and found that I could configure it to work fully on my cabinet with a lot less hassle than the beta version. I tried looking on the ProPinball forum and did not find any announcement about this version/update or on the Steam forum. I did not do a real thorough search, just some key word searches and topic searches. So I may have missed it. If there is an announcement of full cabinet support on the Steam version posted on this forum, please point me to it.
Thanks
Bruce
pindoc
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:14 am

OK, that makes sense. Personally, I've never seen any difference between the backer version and the steam version released about the same time so it was strange that you seemed to be talking about new features. I don't know if Steam version announcements were made here or not.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby pindoc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:34 am

I looked and the only thing I found on the subject was on the Steam forum was this from July 5.
The last post here about the Steam version was in May.

PC/Mac/Linux 1.2.0 All Views Available Plus Cabinet Support
Community Announcements - adrianpbarnstorm
Changes:
Added the high view without backbox and the medium view, with and without backbox
Added cabinet mode with support for 2 or 3 monitors
Added separate audio output for playfield sounds (Windows only)
Other bug fixes and improvements

See command_line_options.txt in the install directory for details on enabling multi-monitor support and separate audio output.
pindoc
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby curiousdan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 pm

So there is absolutely no other way to get the multi monitor support other than buying it again on Steam? After supporting it from the beginning? Nice.
curiousdan
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am

You can enable multi monitor support with either the steam version or the kickstarter backer version.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to Pro Pinball