[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Bang backs

Bang backs

General discussion about Pro Pinball

Bang backs

Postby insx » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Bang backs are quite hard to do in real life without hurting your wrist or getting a tilt. I've successfully done a couple but with the aid of my knee. Bang backs in PP have traditionally been quite easy to pull off. I'm wondering if this is going to change. I don't really want to whack my mini cabinet hard enough to perform this manoeuvre but it's going to be even harder to get to the end of time without them.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Bang backs

Postby frederikjurk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Having very little real pinball experience and not even once been gutsy enough to actually nudge a physical machine (whenever I get the chance to play a real one I´m way too respectful to smack it around), I only learned about bang backs recently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB8Xp4PMvbQ

Very cool. I wonder if that works in the physics model in TPA, might be fun to turn a game on the more notorious outlane-monsters on its head :D I hope PP has an elegant way to integrate forward nudging into the tablet version as well.
t e r r o r f r o m t h e c r a t e
frederikjurk
VIP
VIP

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 am

Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby pinwolf » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 am

Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 am

Nudging is an essential part of pinball play and I don't know any machine owner who doesn't do it or expect it. Death saves, bang backs and sliding the machine around the floor are often considered disrespectful although you could argue that the machines are built to take it.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby frederikjurk » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 am

t e r r o r f r o m t h e c r a t e
frederikjurk
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:59 am

I owned a ST:TNG for a while and that was when I first got the hang of nudging, even shaking the ball up and out of the outlane on occasions. The outlanes really are brutal on that machine and nudging evens things up a bit. I guess if your aim is perfect you would never need to do it :oops:
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to Pro Pinball