PinballX Launch Issues

Cabinet specific discussion

PinballX Launch Issues

Postby Pookamoondo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 am

I'm trying to launch timeshock using PinballX by way of the OTHER option which should work fine, but on trying to do this, PinballX launches the timeshock game but then jumps directly back to pinball menu with timeshock still running in the background.

I did some investigating and I think I have found the problem. When you run most game executables from a command line batch file the system waits for that executable to finish before continuing on to the next command, but for some reason the pro pinball exe does not do this.

I know this because I was trying to run a batch file to change my seconds screen wallpaper as a backglass and then return it to normal when I exit the Pro Pinball game.....

eg:

1. Change wallpaper to timeshock
2. run Pro pinball
3. Return wallpaper to normal

I do this for a few other programs such as Pinball Arcade with no problem, but I am unable to do this with Pro Pinballs exe.

I even tried the START /WAIT command in front of the EXE as this works with other programs but will not work with Pro Pinballs exe.

Getting back to PinballX, because the exe does not "pause the system" until closed, then PinballX simply thinks the game has closed and displays the PinballX menu again immideately after running pro pinball.

Basically after all this all I'm trying to say is why does the EXE not work like other program exe files and pause a bat file from executing the next line before closing???

Does anyone else have Pro Pinball working with PinballX????

I would actually prefer to simply run the batch file to change wallpapers before and after running pro pinball, But I cant seem to figure out how to get it to wait until it closes.......

If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it :)
Pookamoondo

Re: PinballX Launch Issues

Postby Carny_Priest » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 am

You have probably solved it by now, but are you running the Steam version?
Carny_Priest
VIP
VIP

Return to Cabinet