Cabinet View Preview

Cabinet specific discussion

Re: Cabinet View Preview

Postby insx » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Will there be any more test renders for us to look at? For what it's worth, the stuff at the back of the last renders looked vertically stretched on my 22" playfield monitor and I couldn't make it look right no matter where I stood.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Roo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:32 pm

freak wrote:
Ade wrote:Thanks, we'll also be posting a bunch of new renders soon.

Hi Ade,
I just had a look at your rendered pictures. Looks amazing. Do You also intend to implement headtracking e.g. with ms Kinect like in Future pinball (Better arcade mode BAM)?
This additional Feature helps a lot to improve 3 D perspective with a conventional screen. In You tube there are a lot of Videos how BAM looks like.
Ragards
Freak

Well they are using pre-rendered graphics, so that's not possible. That's also why the graphics are so amazing.

Maybe if they developed the game to be run on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_(supercomputer)
Roo
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:49 am

I'd be surprised if TSUE had something like BAM. I don't think the pre-rendered graphics would support it and don't you have to close one eye to get the effect?

I'm also worried that the cabinet view is going to be right at the bottom of the rendering priority list but I hope to have it one day in the not too distant future.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby adpag » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:20 pm

insx wrote:I'm also worried that the cabinet view is going to be right at the bottom of the rendering priority list but I hope to have it one day in the not too distant future.

The cabinet view will be using the current view renders, so no extra rendering time required, just code to do any processing and display it.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby insx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm

adpag wrote:The cabinet view will be using the current view renders, so no extra rendering time required, just code to do any processing and display it.

Oh, cool! So will you basically just distort it?
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby adpag » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 pm

insx wrote:Oh, cool! So will you basically just distort it?

Yes, and probably at run-time.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Previous

Return to Cabinet