Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project time

Android phone and tablet discussion

Re: Beta access for lower pledge levels considering project

Postby adpag » Tue May 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Not sure where the idea that iOS and Android were stretch goals is coming from. Windows, Mac, iOS and Android were the initial platforms, Linux and XBLA were the two stretch goals reached.

Regarding beta access, it would require all the people who pledged extra in order to test it to agree first.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby settingsons » Tue May 12, 2015 8:31 pm

adpag wrote:Not sure where the idea that iOS and Android were stretch goals is coming from. Windows, Mac, iOS and Android were the initial platforms, Linux and XBLA were the two stretch goals reached.

Regarding beta access, it would require all the people who pledged extra in order to test it to agree first.

It is a ok for me - the more the merrier.
My Virtual Pincab Running Pro Pinball Ultra Alpha - https://youtu.be/EjR1CPKZios
My MAME Bartop : http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18869
settingsons
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby mxfh » Wed May 13, 2015 12:08 am

adpag wrote:Not sure where the idea that iOS and Android were stretch goals is coming from.

Look no further than into the original campaign reward description:
The main reward of course is the game itself (featuring the new Glass-Off Mode), due December 2013. Which will be offered DRM free on PC & Mac, though we hope to get the game onto Steam as well.

On top of that, we have many Kickstarter exclusive rewards which you will find listed to the right. Including; Key Rings, Signed Boxed Copies, Alpha & Beta access, life size posters and more.

No word of extra priority for iOS or Android in that original campaign either.

adpag wrote:Regarding beta access, it would require all the people who pledged extra in order to test it to agree first.

I have yet to hear of from a VIP speaking out against this. Is this about exclusivity, bragging rights or actual beta testing? If anything, the first two are no longer relevant since the iOS version was released. Was every backer asked as well if they were OK with going for that iOS version first, I can't recall that at least? If you truly have to ask everybody, then please do this, if you think that this is an absolutely necessary.

Exclusivity of access is not an eternal status, people are used to this being a temporal thing, nobody is asking for Alpha either. I am simply not a supporter of the idea of paying for beta test access, it's a job, not a privilege.
mxfh

Postby adpag » Wed May 13, 2015 10:48 am

mxfh wrote:
adpag wrote:Not sure where the idea that iOS and Android were stretch goals is coming from.

Look no further than into the original campaign reward description:
The main reward of course is the game itself (featuring the new Glass-Off Mode), due December 2013. Which will be offered DRM free on PC & Mac, though we hope to get the game onto Steam as well.

This tells you that it will be offered DRM free on PC and Mac, that doesn't apply to the mobile platforms.

The initial platforms are detailed here:

The Plan

To start this process I want to begin as simply as makes sense. Which is where this Kickstarter comes in. The first step will be to totally rebuild Timeshock! taking both the visuals and gameplay to levels of realism never before seen. To keep the goal for this Kickstarter low the initial platforms will be limited to PC, Mac, iOS and Android. But if we reach our target with time to spare we will be able to add additional platforms as stretch goals at that point.

Also iOS and Android are the platforms available in the lowest reward level.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby mxfh » Thu May 14, 2015 12:24 am

adpag wrote:Also iOS and Android are the platforms available in the lowest reward level.

Your backers paid for a "for PC, Mac, iOS and Android!" product. The lowest tier has no indication about priority, especially when all tiers have their own estimated delivery date, which was the same for all reward tiers. Word order is an indication though.
Last edited by mxfh on Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mxfh

Postby mxfh » Thu May 14, 2015 12:37 am

adpag wrote:This tells you that it will be offered DRM free on PC and Mac, that doesn't apply to the mobile platforms.

It doesn't? Android permits DRM free distribution (Humble Bundle being one example), so please just stick to your own FAQ:

Will the game be DRM free?
Yes, if the platform you want the game on permits DRM free distribution, you can receive the game without DRM.

Last updated: Thu, Aug 1 2013 7:08 PM CEST
mxfh

Previous

Return to Android