Controller support

Android phone and tablet discussion

Controller support

Postby netizen » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:44 pm

Will there be controller support baked in to the Android version of Pro Pinball?

If so I suggest that you look into including the MOGA API to have integrated controller support that is basically plug and play and doesn't require rooting, or touch mapping.

You can get the SDK here.
netizen
VIP
VIP

Re: Controller support

Postby Ade » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks for the pointer. We'll put this on our wish list.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby jaredmorgs » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:47 am

Yep, really missing native/Moga controller support in the side loaded Android version.

I've implemented NVIDIA Shield Tablet Gamepad mappings for the game, but the only annoying thing is that I can't hack in analog nudging because there is no dead zone between the left and right flipper zones.

I either trigger the left flipper or the right flipper.

Tilting is pretty important in pinball, so either getting controller support or visibility of the touch regions so I can see if there is a dead zone I can shoehorn a control element for tilt would be super appreciated.
jaredmorgs

Postby hdtv00 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:14 am

Shield tablet user playing via the amazon non sense. I've played it only once so far and um yea controller support is more than a wishlist item, it's a MUST. Also other views which I know you're working on rendering now but man how did this get so far and not support controller input.

The second you launch a ball you're already annoyed into lameness having to tap launch...come on really. It does look really good. Didn't play smooth until I restarted the app after install but seems ok now.

Nicely done so far though I've been DYING to play this all this time years...
hdtv00

Postby hdtv00 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:25 am

Also support the shield tablet controller or plugging in a xbox controller either of the two. It just isn't right without a controller. It does look fantastic though. It's just not that much fun being forced to tap screen.
hdtv00

Return to Android