Impossible to change between Custom and Factory settings

Windows specific discussion

Impossible to change between Custom and Factory settings

Postby Ecktown » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:32 pm

The new view is fantastic but I have encountered one problem after the new update. It is no longer possible to switch between custom settings and factory settings by pressing Return for two seconds. This was possible before and is very useful as I have made the settings easier for my son. Please put this back in! :-)

Edit: And it is no longer possible to start Tournament and Challenge mode by pressing the left or right flipper button. Please correct this as well. Thank you very much in advance!

After the game you can no longer press the two flipper buttons to see your statisctics either :-(
Ecktown

Re: Impossible to change between Custom and Factory settings

Postby adpag » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Thanks, will take a look.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby Ecktown » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank you!

The secret skillshot does not work either but I guess that that is based on the same problem and hopefully gets sorted out with the other issues. But nevertheless I wanted to point that out
Ecktown

Postby Ecktown » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:15 pm

I am sorry but I have noticed yet another issue. You no longer get status reports when keep one flipper up and you can of course not go through them with the other flipper as there is no report in the first place.

What surprised me is that you can still get into the operator's menu by holding Return and then pressing "s" but Return no longer works in the operator's menu (I think it did before to enter the different sections).
Ecktown

Postby Ecktown » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:27 am

I know I am too impatient but I wanted to ask if you could say when these issues are going to be solved. The lack of the different modes, the secret skillshot, the status report and the possibility to change between custom and factory settings really limits the gaming experience in my opinion. I am going to wait until this is solved before I play again. It would be great if you could give a rough estimate when these issues are going to be solved. Thanks in advance :)
Ecktown

Postby mpad » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:41 am

the rough estimate is: soon :D
mpad

Postby WakiMiko » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Yeah I can confirm this weird issue. For some reason I can still get into tournament mode occasionally, but I have to hold down the right flipper for a really long time.

Another thing: When you cradle a ball, the ball search will kick in after a short time. This didn't happen before and I don't think a ball search should start while a flipper is being held up.

Edit: Pretty sure all the issues in this thread are v-sync related. At least for me turning off v-sync resolved everything. With v-sync turned on, the ball movement is also really choppy.
WakiMiko
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Ecktown » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:33 pm

I have turned v-sync off right now but unfortunately it did not solve anything. I still can't start tournament, challenge mode or switch between the settings. I was so disappointed that I haven't started a game so I don't know about the status report etc but my guess would be that the problems remain.
But I remember now that indeed the ball search started when I cradled the ball when I played the last time. Of course, this should not happen. Sorry, I completely forgot about this, otherwise I would have mentioned that. Thank you WakiMiko for pointing that out!
I just keep my fingers crossed that these issues are going to be solved soon, even if the definition of "soon" is not the same for everyone ;)
Ecktown

Postby adpag » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Sorry for the late response, I was unable to reproduce this and then other things came up so it didn't get more attention. I'll try it on some more systems and make it top priority for next week.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby Ecktown » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks! As you can see from WakiMiko's comment I am not the only one. Before the update everything worked without problems...
Ecktown

Next

Return to Windows