Monitor Screen Real Estate

Windows specific discussion

Monitor Screen Real Estate

Postby brooklyn49 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:26 pm

First, let me say that I have just purchased Timeshock for both my Win7 PC and my Android devices. It has brought back fond memories of playing the first really great multimedia pinball game on my PC way back in the day. On my current Win7 rig, the game plays smoothly at high resolution, a pleasant surprise. It looks and sound great. My nit to pick, however, is the size of the table on my 1920x1080 monitor. The play field, while highly detailed, is very small, leaving large chunks of the screen draped in black even when set to full screen. The details are often difficult to pick out. Perhaps some additional camera angles would help but are there any plans to make a larger imaged version of the game? It doesn't necessarily have be the complete screen filling image of Pinball Arcade but it would be more enjoyable if it somewhat matched the original PC version. Thanks and keep up the great work. Can't wait for Big Race USA if it's in the cards.
brooklyn49

Re: Monitor Screen Real Estate

Postby Lio » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:07 pm

That would be my main complaint with the current view as well (others are planned).. in the alpha/beta versions I liked to run the 1440 res cropped a bit at the top and bottom on my 1920x1200 screen so the table was a bit more 'zoomed in' showing less of the apron and of the backbox above the dmd.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Monitor Screen Real Estate

Postby brooklyn49 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:19 pm

I tried both 1200 and 1440 vertical res and the 1440 does help a bit although each resolution setting requires a download of its own graphics files (865mb for 1440). Hopefully the additional camera views, when added, will clinch the deal,
brooklyn49

Return to Windows