[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Performance issues

Performance issues

Windows specific discussion

Re: Performance issues

Postby Grandelius » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Would reducing the frame rate reduce the graphic requirements? If so, I think a 30 fps setting would be great. To me, full light effects do far more to the experience than 60 fps. But I'm not sure how those things relate.
Grandelius
VIP
VIP

Postby mpad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:40 pm

I get almost half frame rate with full light size 80 fps, compared to small light size 155 fps on my gaming rig.
you do want high fps to avoid stutter / input lag to get a smooth flipper-ball action 8-)

V Sync TURNED OFF, forced in the gfx driver :!: This is crucial, much less micro stutter/lag, much more fluid gameplay. :!:

but I don't think you can reduce fps to get full light size, it is more gfx memory related as described in above posts.
Someone has yet to explain to me the advantage of the full light size / show some pictures.
I did some comparison screenshots, but still could't see a difference...
mpad

Postby adpag » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:42 pm

adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby mpad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:39 am

Thanks for the answer. I will check this out. Totally forgot about being able to switch through single lights in the operators menu.
It's the attention to these little details that make this game great.
Besides being a great table to play...
mpad

Previous

Return to Windows