[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - First Windows release OUT NOW!!! Timeshock ULTRA!

First Windows release OUT NOW!!! Timeshock ULTRA!

Windows specific discussion

Re: First Windows release OUT NOW!!! Timeshock ULTRA!

Postby pcraenme » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Each time I start I have to login again and the game also starts downloading the resolution I have chosen (1920). When I cancel the download, I can still play in 1920 resolution. I did not have this issue with the beta release. Playing on W7 64-bit.

The way the GUI works is not 1.0 release ready in my opinion. Having to use F11 to enable fullscreen each time and use Alt-F4 to exit the game (no exit button available?) is fine for a test version, but not for a 1.0 release. I also miss the option to choose the display I want to play on. My secondary display is in portrait and to be able to play PP on this display I have to change it to my primary display first, which screws up my desktop icon setup each time.
PC:Intel Core i5 3570K | MSI Geforce GTX 660ti PE | 16 GB | W8.1 Pro 64bit & W7 64bit
Phone:iPhone 4 | iOS 7.1.1
Phone:iPhone 6 | iOS 8.4
Tablet:iPad Air 128GB WiFi | iOS 8.4 | iCade Core
Tablet:Nexus 7 2013 32GB | Android 5.1.1
pcraenme
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby LoB » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't get it... where did you all read about the release? Where can we download?
I dont see any official information, neither here nor in the kickstarter page. (Other than the alpha/beta news from November...)
LoB

Postby infernogott » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Check your spam folder. We got an E-Mail.
infernogott

Postby Melchy » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:38 pm

We really need the texture files downloaded to the game install directory rather than to the user profile. Some of us only have small solid state drives as system drives so dumping GBs of textures onto it doesn't help much with remaining space.
Melchy

Postby Inacito » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Well, I am one that needs more cameras. Maybe I'm spoiled by other pinball games on windows or maybe I cannot appreciate the detail of the graphics when they are that small (and I have a 23 inch monitor) but as they stand now it could be tiny sprites.
And a controller too!
Inacito

Postby Cosmic Sea » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:24 am

Well, after playing a few games and gotten a couple of high scores on the in-game list, I have to say this looks and feel very impressive! Looks gorgeous and runs smoothly even on my not-so-new-anymore laptop with the medium settings the game chose when running it the first time. :) Awesome job!!

As for feedback and items that could use improvement, here's a few I've noticed:
- Yes, I know, it's been mentioned already multiple times, but please, add key rebinding ASAP. However classic they might be, the default keys bindings honestly are terrible, especially backspace for magno-save. (and the lower camera views of course, but those are said to underway and coming later)

- In addition to adding more views, have you considered different DMD options? At the current state the solid lower portion of the backglass + DMD takes up quite a lot of screen space when playing in landscape mode. An option of having just the DMD on top of the playing field (with an options of having it solid or transparent) or at the side would be nice. Also being able to adjust the size of the DMD would be cool.

- Having always played with non-default key bindings and not remembering the defaults, I had to test out the keys on first play. Yes, the keys are listed under the info button, but I feel showing a message with the keys on first play in the case the keys are not rebound from the defaults would be nifty addition.

- The vehicle in the video mode seems noticably heavier than in the original. Not necessarily a fault, though, but it's not the same as in the original. Probably intentional? At least I felt it made level 3 to be easier than in the original.

- The table's movement when nudging up feels way out of proportion compared to sideways nudging. Nudging left and right feels and looks just right, pretty much identical to the original, but nudging up is a very abrupt, sharp, and long movement. Feels out of place to me.

Edit: having played some more, I think there isn't input lag to speak, but more of me not being accustomed to the higher view.
Last edited by Cosmic Sea on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmic Sea

Postby JWJr » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:42 am

JWJr
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby LoB » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 am

I did not receive any such email. :( Could any of the staff help me on that?
LoB

Postby G-Lord » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:40 am

Is there any way to change the download folder for ingame downloads? It keeps filling up the remaining space I have on C:, then just aborts with the promt that it doesn't have enough space while unpacking. It's seriously annoying as I only use my C: drive for the OS.
G-Lord

Postby Cosmic Sea » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Cosmic Sea

PreviousNext

Return to Windows