Changing registration after installation?

Windows specific discussion

Changing registration after installation?

Postby larry » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 am

I bought a cool real-world pinball simulator thing:

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/pinbal ... ball-combo

It's a new product, and setting up software to run on it isn't exactly straightforward. What they do for right now is install the software on it for you before they ship it out.

Naturally I asked them to put Timeshock on there for me. They just contacted me, saying that they weren't sure how to do that, based on the requirement of logging in before you can configure the game. If they used their license information, then they'd be sending that to me, which would suck. If they used mine, I'd have to send that to them, which would also suck.

Is there a way they could install and configure the game with their registration info, then wipe the registration info and ship it to me? Letting me enter my own registration once it arrives, but continue to use the configuration they set up?
larry
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Changing registration after installation?

Postby adpag » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 pm

All the settings are stored in the text file UserDefault.xml in the user's AppData\Local\ProPinball directory. If they set it up using their login details, once it's ready to ship they can delete the <licence_email> and <licence_key> entries in that file. When the game is next run, it will require you to log in again, but will keep the other settings as they left them.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Return to Windows