[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - iOS 7 official controller support

iOS 7 official controller support

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

iOS 7 official controller support

Postby frederikjurk » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Hidden amongst the outrage over candy colored "Fisher Price" icons and weird zoom effects, the new iOS 7 also added something very interesting: An official controller API.

http://www.cultofmac.com/244116/ios-7-and-gaming/

The first "made for iOS" controller are also on the way:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/01/ima ... er-leaked/

Now, the clip-on iPhone pad looks a bit ridiculous, but I personally would love a real controller for my iPad for some nice gaming in bed. There have been quite a bit of unofficial solutions like iCade, but these ran more on some sort of pseudo-bluetooth-keyboard hack rather than being fully supported on the OS level.

Are you guys going to implement controller support like this? Pinball controls rather well on mobile in my opinion, especially compared to other genres, but having a good solution for nudging and being able to control the mobile versions with physical buttons as well would be really cool.

I´m no programmer or developer at all, but it sounds to me like this official support would make implementing it rather easy. At least I hope so :)
t e r r o r f r o m t h e c r a t e
frederikjurk
VIP
VIP

Re: iOS 7 official controller support

Postby Ade » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 am

It should be pretty trivial to support these APIs and devices. We've previously supported iCade with another App we did, which was very straightforward to do.
Ade
Staff
Staff

Postby frederikjurk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:47 pm

t e r r o r f r o m t h e c r a t e
frederikjurk
VIP
VIP

Postby Oliver.Matuschin » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Will the iCade be supported in the iOS version of the game? I own an iCade Cabinet and would love to play the game on it :)
Oliver.Matuschin
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Return to iOS