iCade, Accelerometer nudge support?

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

iCade, Accelerometer nudge support?

Postby Marconelly » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:45 pm

First of all, congratulations on the release of what I consider not just the best pinball game on iOS, but best computer pinball game period. So far, I'd say PS4 version of Pinball Arcade held that top spot for me (because PC version is still not upgraded to have the new visuals) but playing this on iPad - it just takes the cake. It's like having a real, living breathing mini pinball machine behind that tablet glass.

Which brings me to a question: Do you think you'll be able to support the iCade cabinet for Pro Pinball in some of the future updates? One really nice thing about iOS version of Pinball Arcade is that it supports iCade, so with just a little effort, you can create something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBp7GthUQM
which significantly enhances the experience.

I know the iCade is not exactly the go-to controller on iOS anymore, now that iOS7 has external controller API, but I hope supporting it simple enough that you'd consider it.

*edit* I am also editing this post to add a question about adding the accelerometer support for table nudges. If feasible, this could be especially useful with the aforementioned icade pinball mod.
Last edited by Marconelly on Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marconelly

Re: iCade Support

Postby Marconelly » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Of course - ten seconds after I press submit, I see that the question about iCade has already been asked and answered earlier :) Thanks for willing to add the iCade support!

To provide something useful, here's a page that describes the whole process of modding the controller for a "pin-cade" conversion: http://osxonthinkpads.wikidot.com/icade-pinball-edition

It's a very simple mod, and at a minimum, it only requires the original iCade, some hole drilling and two extra arcade buttons. The only problem with it is the loss of easy access to the stick that would normally be used for table nudges. This is where I was hoping the accelerometer support for table nudges could work wonders.
Marconelly

Return to iOS