Some issues (frame rate, nudging, buttons)

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

Some issues (frame rate, nudging, buttons)

Postby soniclife » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:35 pm

I am happy that Timeshock is finally available although I do have some issues:

1. On my iPad Mini 2 the frame rate doesn't seem to be stable: every now and then there is some minor stuttering going on which is pretty annoying... On my iPhone5 it is far better.

2. The onscreen-buttons for launch and especially for mangosave are destroying the illusion of having a real machine in front of you. There should be an option to hide them completely.

3. It has already happened a couple of times that I've tilted accidentally. Please add a sensitivity option.

But still: great work!
soniclife

Re: Some issues (frame rate, nudging, buttons)

Postby MadScience2006 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23 pm

I've noticed the same on points 1 and 2. Same device, being an iPad mini 2. The framerate is not 100% consistent and smooth and drops every few seconds or so. Not the case on my iPad 4.
MadScience2006

Postby adpag » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:31 pm

soniclife wrote:I am happy that Timeshock is finally available although I do have some issues:

1. On my iPad Mini 2 the frame rate doesn't seem to be stable: every now and then there is some minor stuttering going on which is pretty annoying... On my iPhone5 it is far better.

We don't have that particular device for testing on and were mainly assuming it would be the same as an iPad Air, since they use the same hardware, but looking at it again they're not exactly the same, so it might be worth getting one.

2. The onscreen-buttons for launch and especially for mangosave are destroying the illusion of having a real machine in front of you. There should be an option to hide them completely.

Options may well be added in an update.

3. It has already happened a couple of times that I've tilted accidentally. Please add a sensitivity option.

A sensitivity slider will be present in an update coming soon.
adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby nighthawk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:36 am

I'd like to second changing the positioning of the MagnoSave button - it couldn't be in a worse place. Please move it farther away from the edge (or even better, make it user-positionable) and more translucent. I can't count the number of times I've hit the MagnoSave button instead of flipping and lost one or more balls down the middle thanks to a no-flip - extremely frustrating.

Love the game overall, though - many awesome memories of the original.
nighthawk

Return to iOS