[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - iOS 1.1.0 now available

iOS 1.1.0 now available

iPhone, iPod and iPad discussion

iOS 1.1.0 now available

Postby adpag » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 am

adpag
Staff
Staff

Re: iOS 1.1.0 now available

Postby MadScience2006 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks, adpag...great update. The few issues I personally encountered have been resolved. The new HDR lights and more legible text on the lights are a welcome improvement. :D

Looking forward to the new updated views...
MadScience2006

Postby DaveG44131 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Very pleased to see a patch this quickly. I was afraid I'd have to wait for PPT to be released on other platforms before you patched iOS. I love the faster game reset and nudge slider. However, I do have one issue. On my Ipad2, video mode is distorted. It looks like the display no longer fits within the DMD so that instead of looking like a tube, it just looks like two walls, and the objects are further apart. It is especially noticeable during the first set of items in the first wave.
DaveG44131

Postby Loafmeister » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:43 am

Hi,

Seems many people can't get icade support to work. Can you elaborate on how to activate this feature? Personally, I own the 8bitty. Do you know if there is native support for this? It's very similar to the icade however sometimes the mapping of the buttons are not the best.
Loafmeister

Postby Marconelly » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:27 pm

iCade support works great for me. Thank you so much for it. I just wish the on-screen prompts for launch and magna save would be hidden while using iCade.

I"ve compared the differences between the table look of the old version and the new version (I made before/after screenshots) and I honestly don't see the differences that HDR lights are bringing. I see that the text is more legible on lights however.
Marconelly

Postby adpag » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:34 pm

adpag
Staff
Staff

Postby skyway73 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Just wanted to say how commendable it is that all those queries get acknowledged and answered, much appreciated by us all. And thanks once more for bringing this masterpiece back to life, it's so good. I'm gonna dig my icade out of my loft and give it a spin using that, although the touchscreen controls work perfectly.

skyway73 (ramp champ) :D
skyway73
VIP
VIP

Postby Marconelly » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:46 am

I have held off commenting on this for some time now, thinking it's a result of the buttons I'm using on the icade, but tonight I've confirmed that it's not something to do with the buttons:

Pro Pinball has approx 200ms lag between when the icade button is pressed vs. when the flipper reacts to that input. This is on ipad air, where the game runs perfectly smoothly.

This has been throwing my game off so much playing on the icade that I eventually gave up on it and reverted to touch screen. I thought that getting better buttons with better microswitches would resolve this, and once I've got them, I've measured (using sound recording) the time between the 'click' in the microswitch vs. the 'chonk' sound produced by the game when the flipper moves up: 200+ms. This is a ridiculously high input lag, and something I hope you guys can fix.

I didn't record the input lag while playing Pinball Arcade using icade, but just playing it, it feels much, much less, practically unnoticeable. Pinball Arcade is perfectly playable using icade, in fact, it's better played that way. Pro Pinball on the other hand is practically unplayable on it.

Does anyone have an experience wih MFI controllers? Does the game also feel laggy playing with them?
Marconelly

Postby JERONiMO » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:11 pm

JERONiMO

Return to iOS