[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - How many have played Fantastic Journey?

How many have played Fantastic Journey?

A Victorian steam powered adventure

Re: How many have played Fantastic Journey?

Postby pinwolf » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:34 pm

FJ is my favorite PP table (second T!, then BRUSA. Never played The Web).
It has the best physics of all virtual pinball.
I like the theme and especially the colours. I can play this one for hours - it brings my brain in a ruminant state.
I actually like it, that it is difficult to play, - but with 'reduced gimmicks'.
Only classic style 2 Flippers - and it is all about strategic precision shoots. Every little increase of high-score now and then feels like a mature achievement.
I think it is the hidden jewel of the PP-tables. Designed for long time play - playing it, just for the sake of playing it - a kind of FLIPPER MEDITATION. :)
I can understand, that this is not for everyone - so I actually think it should get the ULTRA overhaul at last (more interest from the masses in the other tables - more money fundament for ADE&Co. to get the PP-series running a long time to come and bringing new tables for us all.

My only criticism:
Drop Professor Steam with his pain in the a** high pitched voice and bring in the lady from Timeshock!
With the "We can't stop now" from T! in Fantastic Journey, I could achieve PP-nirvana. :D
Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Maggus DaOffenbachah » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:31 am

Maggus DaOffenbachah
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby emusik » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:59 am

I´m a big big fan of T! Fantastic Journey is nice, but I think it´s very difficult. It seems, that the middle out through the 2 flipper arms is too wide. If you don´t hit the boiler the ball often flies through your flipper arms so this is a little bit frustrating. In Big Race USA you have therefore an big Airbag. Another thing I´m missing is a third flipper arm on the right side.

But, as Timeshok! runs only without any sounds on my machine I´ll give FJ now a new chance.
On actual machines with Win7 or Win8 it´s important to deactivate the blur function to have nice framerates.
Last edited by emusik on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emusik

Postby Maggus DaOffenbachah » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Maggus DaOffenbachah
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby pinwolf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Last edited by pinwolf on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Z97 Maximus VII GENE w. Intel Core i7-4790K OC @ 4x 4,6GHz | MS Win 8.1| 16GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 980 4GB| SAMSUNG S24A450BW | Logitech F510
pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby emusik » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:46 pm

You´re right. I small rubber pin in the middle of the two arms would be nice :mrgreen:

And yes, I always understand Lock is lit. I didn´t know that "luck is lit" is possible since I checked the tabel with max. zoom to see the flashes with the letters LUCK.
emusik

Postby Maggus DaOffenbachah » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Maggus DaOffenbachah
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Vince » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:56 pm

I only picked up FJ yesterday, it's on sale at gog by the way, and I think it's great. I like the simplicity of just two flippers, and the table design a lot. It may be a little hard on 'normal,' but it's easy to just press escape if you feel the need to make a game last; I'm no pinball expert, but on the 'very easy' setting I got a crystal on my first game. I love the way you need to keep the pressure up, but get to take as long as you need to make the arrow shots.

I would moan that the centre post is just a few millimetres too low; oh, and I hate all magno saves with a passion, I'm always too slow.

FJ may well turn into my favourite when I've worked it out a bit more.
Vince
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby pinwolf » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:23 pm

pinwolf
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby emusik » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 pm

emusik

PreviousNext

Return to Fantastic Journey