[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Head-to-head

Head-to-head

Head-2-Head gameplay in the US of A

Head-to-head

Postby LoB » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:24 pm

Hey ProPinball fans.

I've owned BRUSA for years, but have never played the head-to-head mode.
Is this still playable via internet? And if so, who (preferrably from Europe/Germany for latency reasons) would be up for a match?
LoB

Re: Head-to-head

Postby Ante » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:19 pm

Home of the Pro Pinball Highscores (old versions)
Test equipment:
Intel Core i5-4570, MSI Z87-G43 motherboard
8GB DDR3, nVidia GTX760 2GB
Windows 7 64bit
BenQ GL2450HT 24" LED monitor, 90° rotated
Ante
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby LoB » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:23 pm

LoB

Postby twsh » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:25 am

I will join too. I never played head to head mode. When I got brusa I had no internet connection :D
twsh
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby LoB » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:19 pm

I just sent a private message to Ade, and he promised me to discuss with the team whether they could publish the head-to-head server software.
That would be so awesome. :)

Anway, who's open to try direct connection this week-end?
LoB

Postby Pinballwiz45b » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm

I've actually never done head-to-head mode. Would be a neat feature to try out :)
Pinballwiz45b

Postby LoB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Ante and me tried for over one hour today and didn't get it to work yet.

Problems seem to be:
* BRUSA uses DirectPlay, which isn't available anymore since Window Vista.
* We don't know the exact ports at the moment. DirectPlay uses 47624, BRUSA itself is supposed to use port 2300.

Next step would be to try a VPN with some kind of DirectPlay emulation, e.g. http://www.solemnwarning.net/ipxwrapper/.
Last edited by LoB on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoB

Postby ThePlayer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:20 am

I've never done head to head mode before. I hope they add it for all four of the remastered tables that would be awesome :D
ThePlayer

Postby pnoid » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi all, I have some info about head to head playing, network and maybe direct play over the internet.
I read Ante and Lob tried to play head to head over the internet without success.
I tried it about 13/15 years ago, I tried everything to get network running, many hours spend and no success.
But, in my despair, I had one idea not tried yet, which I did, and finally success.
I wrote it down in the old forum, no idea if this forum still exist.

You have to use the old "Brusa.exe".
The new one, version 1.18 doesn't work. the old one does work, I think the old one is version 1.15.
I played after this discovery numerous games with my buddy Psycho at my home, on two pc's.
Very funny to hear that one has lost and one has won the same time, we sat next to each others, when I shot a ball in a car on my pc, I could see the effect it had on Psycho's pc.
But I can't remember if we played over the internet without using the lobby.
Maybe it works, network is no problem at all.

Its very simple, no need for a complete reinstall, even if you updated your game with the new Brusa.exe 1.18
If you updated the game with Brusa.exe 1.18, just rename it, for instance rename it to "Brusa.new"
Then start up your game, it will ask you to reinstall the game, click yes.
The only thing reinstalled is Brusa.exe, the original one, so it takes a second.
All the rest, including records and your settings are untouched.
Now you can play head to head against an opponent without the need for the lobby.
As said, not sure if this works for direct play over the internet, but for network it works, no problems.

After head to head gaming, if you want to play normal games with the updated Brusa.exe.
Rename Brusa.exe to Brusa.old
and Brusa.new to Brusa.exe.
Sounds complicated, its not, only in begin, I used two batch files so I only had to click a batch file for renaming purposes,
One batch file for head to head and another for normal game play with the updated game.

After this all has be done no reinstall will be needed as long both files are in the same program map.
For instance, If wanting to play head to head:
Rename Brusa.exe to Brusa.new.
Rename Brusa.old to Brusa.exe.
or
If wanting to play a normal game:
Rename Brusa.exe to Brusa.old.
Rename Brusa.new to Brusa.exe.

I can't make it much more confusing
pnoid

Postby Lazy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 am

Hey Pnoid and everyone here

I just read that post..i remember that we played h2h also without the servers, direct via lan. It was working. As the lobby shut down and never re-opened until today, i tried to make h2h running via lan, direct cable, anything and it did not work out. so i gona check this out pnoid, thx!

Btw: Of course i would love to have a real timeshock-table, oder even better a brusa-table (or 2....) but i think its really really sad of pro pinball that they shut down the servers and prevent the community to meet, have fun, get closer, produce brusa-shirts and send it all over the world, invite new players and make the community bigger. I think its a mistake to have it shut down and i dont understand it. I guess it would be little effort to keep it running. In the first pledge, they promised to make it running by April 2013. Now they destroyed my hope again.

I dont see behind the scenes, but i really ask the producers to overthink that decision and maybe make a new one!

Thanks and greetings to all silverball-fanatics! ;) :twisted: :D
Lazy and in the name of other swiss-players, like "mdonkey" and "meise".
Lazy

Next

Return to Big Race USA