BRUSA is the game I prefer

Head-2-Head gameplay in the US of A

BRUSA is the game I prefer

Postby basigram » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 pm

I can"t wait for the next iteration of ultra-ProPInball that will bring back the taxi to my screen.
basigram
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: BRUSA is the game I prefer

Postby Ante » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 am

Yeah, I would also love to see BRUSA as the next ultra edition. Especially the head to head mode, where 2 players race against each other. I have very good memories to that time, when my 56k baud telephone modem was connected with the internet (and my parents couldn't use their telephone at the same time *haha*). Back then you not only had to fight against your opponent, you also sometimes had the bad internet connection as an opponent (delays, disconnections, ...). Would be very interested how smooth it runs at present, where the internet connections were stable and fast. I guess much more fun to play!

Ade, I think I have already asked this some days/months/years ago, if you could set up again the head to head server? So we could play these ladder matches with the "classic" BRUSA game, any possibilites?
Home of the Pro Pinball Highscores (old versions)
Test equipment:
Intel Core i5-4570, MSI Z87-G43 motherboard
8GB DDR3, nVidia GTX760 2GB
Windows 7 64bit
BenQ GL2450HT 24" LED monitor, 90° rotated
Ante
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Maggus DaOffenbachah » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:50 am

I think we are a minority (the favourites of most players are probably Timeshock! and The Web, but I am also very fond of Timeshock! and also like The Web, though it's the only one that IMHO shows its age). I am excited about how a modernised BRUSA would look like, since it still holds up very well graphically (so do Timeshock! and FJ).
Maggus DaOffenbachah
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Lio » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:19 pm

BRUSA is my second favourite as it stands now (Timeshack! being #1).
However as far as the Ultra Editions are concerned I'm most curious about how The Web will turn out.
With the right treatment it might take BRUSA's place in my list.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Mattrition » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:49 pm

BRUSA was the first pro pinball game I played, so it is naturally my favourite. I just love it's vibrant board and playful attitude - an absolute joy to play!
Mattrition
VIP
VIP

Postby ndcoten » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:20 am

I really like this game - a lot of neat shot combos and depth to the modes. That center drain is brutal, though.

Head-2-Head is an unique feature (although the A.I. opponents destroy me all the time), and I hope it's re-implemented in the Ultra edition.
try going around!
ndcoten
VIP
VIP

Postby Lachkater » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:59 am

BRUSA is also my second favourite, just behind Timeshock! It has the deepest rules I have ever seen, lots of shots and a nice flow. But as well as Lio, I can't wait for the The Web Ultra Edition.
Lachkater

Postby Carny_Priest » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I know it is not the prevailing point of view, but BRUSA is my favorite of the Pro Pinball tables and the one I played the most. I'm actually hooked on the part jazz, part techno music featured in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL755E1D1D35CA0E12
Carny_Priest
VIP
VIP

Postby Penguinator » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 pm

I started playing BRUSA actively maybe two weeks ago and I just beat the Big Race. I finally managed to get to the point where the extra balls awards come one after another so after the race I was still on Ball 1. Too bad I wasted rest of my balls after that and didn't reach the one billion mark (my final score was about 980,000,000).

When you're in the zone the table is a blast to play, but when not all the balls keep going down the big drain and game ends before it really starts going. The random city modes' difficulty-reward ratio varies way too much (eg. Shoot the Taxi vs. Flying Saucers-whatever) and the store/money system seems pointless excluding the airbags. Another major reason why I prefer T! and FJ is that I'm not very good at doing combos.
Still, it's one great table and it's good to have variety within the Pro Pinball series by having a no-bumper table with combo opportunities literally everywhere.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Postby mountveggie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:53 am

To be honest, I was never a fan of Timeshock, or the Pro Pinball series until BRUSA.

Of all the hundreds of games that have come and gone over the years, BRUSA remains the only one that I continue installing on every new PC I own. It wasn't just a great pinball game, it was so delightfully fun and lighthearted. It was (and still is) the perfect pinball game (to me anyway).

And... to be brutally honest, the only reason why I've backed this Timeshock Kickstarter project --- is so we could hopefully get a BRUSA Ultra remake one day.

PLEASE GUYS, MAKE IT HAPPEN!! (I'm beggin ya!) :D
mountveggie

Next

Return to Big Race USA