Who composed the music for The Web....

Where it all started back in 1995

Who composed the music for The Web....

Postby db10-1Propin » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Was it Mr Foxton?
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Re: Who composed the music for The Web....

Postby HKEY_LOVECRAFT » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:49 pm

I remember reading somewhere at the time of release that it was a band called Stiff Little Fingers. I've wanted the 'soundtrack' to the game for as long as I can remember, and was hoping it'd show up somewhere during the previous (and possibly future) Kickstarters as a bonus.

I absolutely adored The Web. I think it's my favorite of all of the Pro Pinball tables, and the music played no small part in my appreciation of it.
HKEY_LOVECRAFT

Postby Love » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:26 pm

I just ripped the music of my CD, as they were audio tracks the same way as on Timeshock!
Love
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Phlum » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:26 pm

According to my manual, the soundtrack was composed by Jake Burns and Bruce Foxton. :)

And while we're on the subject, I vote The Web as the next ULTRA edition. Excellent table and the one that is most in need of an update, given how awkward it is to actually get running. :P
Phlum
VIP
VIP

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

The Web is the only Pro Pinball table that I have never played. The Dreamcast collection has Big Race USA, Timeshock and Fantastic Journey... and I only have the Timeshock disc for PC.

How does it compare gameplay-wise to the other tables?
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby db10-1Propin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Jim wrote:The Web is the only Pro Pinball table that I have never played. The Dreamcast collection has Big Race USA, Timeshock and Fantastic Journey... and I only have the Timeshock disc for PC.

It's a great table, my 2nd fav after TS. A bit simpler than the others and with the most simplistic physics so I can remember, but more fun and fluid than BRUSA and FJ - IMHO (others may disagree).
db10-1Propin
VIP
VIP

Postby LoB » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 pm

db10-1Propin wrote:
Jim wrote:The Web is the only Pro Pinball table that I have never played. The Dreamcast collection has Big Race USA, Timeshock and Fantastic Journey... and I only have the Timeshock disc for PC.

It's a great table, my 2nd fav after TS. A bit simpler than the others and with the most simplistic physics so I can remember, but more fun and fluid than BRUSA and FJ - IMHO (others may disagree).

I completely agree. BRUSA and FJ never caught me as much as Timeshock! and The Web did.
LoB

Postby jfxsede » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:19 pm

Today it feels a bit unpolished compared to Timeshock and the others, but the table design itself is rock solid! I think an ULTRA edition would benefit it immensely.
jfxsede
VIP
VIP

Postby Bearhug67 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:13 am

HKEY_LOVECRAFT wrote:I remember reading somewhere at the time of release that it was a band called Stiff Little Fingers. I've wanted the 'soundtrack' to the game for as long as I can remember, and was hoping it'd show up somewhere during the previous (and possibly future) Kickstarters as a bonus.

I absolutely adored The Web. I think it's my favorite of all of the Pro Pinball tables, and the music played no small part in my appreciation of it.

I also remember fondly as I bought back then the first Pro-Pinball table 'The Web' and it changed my love for pinballing on PC forever.
Excellent response from the controls and from all the tables from PP, 'The Web' had in my opinion the best soundtrack which I totally agree with Lovecraft. I often enjoyed just listening to the soundtrack by itself.

Being the oldest table of the set, I think I am not surprised why it probably comes later in the Ultra editions as it will show a much bigger improvement then all other tables which I think is good marketing-wise because of growing expectations.
I wonder if they maybe add besides the classic soundtrack some 'newer', richer version. That would be so cool.
Bearhug67

Return to The Web