Catch the ball in Timeshock!

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Catch the ball in Timeshock!

Postby Taildog » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi,

I have a kind of stupid question, but...
In other pinball games, e.g. BRUSA, I can hold up the flipper and the ball rolls onto it, staying there.

In Timeshock!, it rolls over to the opposite flipper.
Is this correct, can I change this by any settings?
Taildog

Re: Catch the ball in Timeshock!

Postby FIL » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:56 am

I don't understand the question. Whether or not the ball rolls off a held-up flipper obviously depends on its momentum. I guarantee that in BRUSA and FJ, as in Timeshock, if the ball has sufficient momentum it will roll off the original flipper.
FIL
VIP
VIP

Postby Taildog » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 am

Hello, thanks for your time.

First of all, I'm not native english speaking, so thats maybe one reason for not clearly writing down my question :-)

Anyway, I have the feeling that when the ball rolls down the outline off the held-up flipper it rolls much more often over it in timeshock than in BRUSA.
But given that the underlying physics is the same, than maybe in timeshock it's just faster because of the table design. I'm not yet that experienced in playing pinball games and therefore guessed an "bug", which it isn't. I guess it's just my fault and I have to train a bit more to get the right feeling for the handling.

By the way, of course it's perfectly right that one have to learn to play each table, thats the most fun of it :-)
Taildog

Postby insx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:28 am

The physics were actually updated for BRUSA so you might see some differences there. Timeshock! Ultra is currently using the same physics as the original Timeshock!
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby FIL » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Although the physics are enhanced in the later games, my presumption is that this is almost entirely a matter of the table design.

n.b. In the later games it's also possible to adjust the slope of the table, which obviously also affects these matters.
FIL
VIP
VIP

Postby Taildog » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Sounds plausible, thank you :)
Taildog

Return to Timeshock!