Bug? Issue with Enter key sticking

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Bug? Issue with Enter key sticking

Postby tenshi_a » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm playing the ULTRA version that just came out on Steam (I was a kickstarter; thank you for the key!).

I'm having some trouble with this game, whereby one key will stick and then none of the others work. As in, all it will do is repeatedly trigger a keypress for one key and no other keys will respond when I press them.

It's only happening in this game, as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the keyboard.

It seems to happen most often with the Enter key. So if a game has started, all I'll see is the table launching itself and I watch helplessly as it drains each ball, pressing the shift keys frantically, though they do nothing.

I think it may also sometimes happen before I've started a game, in which case I can't press "S" to start.

When the keys are sticking, I can still use the mouse, I can still exit the table and go back in - but it does not fix the keys. Exiting the application altogether, returning to desktop, then restarting the application does seem to fix the issue, at least, until it occurs again.
tenshi_a

Re: Bug? Issue with Enter key sticking

Postby tenshi_a » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:45 pm

I've worked out what's going on - well, kind of.

I think it sticks whichever key you press after X amount of time, a few seconds after you start the application.

Anyway - my graphics card on this PC is an AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series card. It used to be all kinds of epic. So, AMD have this thing called "AMD Gaming Evolved" which runs in the background claiming to be a loyalty point collecting thing (but everything of value would take 3 years of non-stop gaming to unlock), trying to upsell me games and being vaguely annoying. I ignore it mostly. It's got Raptr built into it.

Closing that seems to fix the issue I was having.

Ta-da! Hooray!
tenshi_a

Re: Bug? Issue with Enter key sticking

Postby Simonty » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanks for posting about this. I just suffered the same issue with the keyboard becoming unresponsive and closing AMD Gaming Evolved has resolved it for me too.

What a game!

Simon
Simonty

Return to Timeshock!