Preeeeety... if hard to run smoothly

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Preeeeety... if hard to run smoothly

Postby nudiustertian » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:41 pm

I just took Ultra for a test drive and I have to say it looks absolutely gorgeous with the dynamic lighting, especially when the crystal flashes. I hope the other viewing angles get added soon, because I'm not used to playing TS in this view. :)

On my R7 370 running at 1920x1200, there's enough slowdown/frame skip that the game becomes annoying to play, especially on multiball. Using burn-in mode and tweaking the settings, I found that the biggest offender is the "Shadows & Reflections" setting. I have to turn this all the way down to "balls only" to get smooth play. The other settings can be turned up to max, but not this one. Just an FYI to possibly save other folks some time experimenting and/or provide hints for optimization. Personally I'm not due for a graphics upgrade till next year. :)

Keep up the good work! Once the angles are added and the need for online/sign-in is removed I'm pretty much already happy with it.
nudiustertian

Re: Preeeeety... if hard to run smoothly

Postby Josephiah » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Interesting - for me (Mac version) it was the ball anti-aliasing that was the main culprit. Though until I get a new computer I'll be sticking to the min setting for best smoothness.
Josephiah

Re: Preeeeety... if hard to run smoothly

Postby Grandelius » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:10 pm

I am running on a Mac as well and to me the "light size" setting is the one that affects performance most. Which is a pity since that setting really adds to the realism. Since the slowdowns only appear after a while I suspect some kind of performance leak, but what do I know...

Anyway, great to finally be able to play the desktop version. Look forward to all the coming updates!
Grandelius
VIP
VIP

Return to Timeshock!